A-Level Results

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Anyone else feeling nervous today about their results tommorow morning?

I feel physically sick, and it's not even as if i'm applying to a red brick uni, i'm only trying to get into Nottingham Trent.

I need like ACE, and don't reckon i've got anything more than ADU =/. Let's hope i get lucky!

Vannaroth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2004
London/Aberystwyth
Actually I cant wait just to get it over with already. I need 300 to get into Aberystwyth to do Medieval and Early Modern history, so I'm hoping for BBB or ABC. Good luck man.

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
Most people round my town end up getting good GCSE's/A-Levels, go to Uni n whatnot and end up working in Mcdonnalds at the end of it.

Theres people out there who got no GCSE's and has a better income than alot of people. :)

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Actually I cant wait just to get it over with already.

I feel the same aswell, i just wanna know whether i've got in now, should be able to find that out before i even go to get my results though.

Good luck to you aswell, what are you going to study? I'm hoping to be doing Financial Maths.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Most people round my town end up getting good GCSE's/A-Levels, go to Uni n whatnot and end up working in Mcdonnalds at the end of it.

Theres people out there who got no GCSE's and has a better income than alot of people. :)

Wow, you're an idiot.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
Actually I cant wait just to get it over with already. I need 300 to get into Aberystwyth to do Medieval and Early Modern history, so I'm hoping for BBB or ABC. Good luck man.

what the bloody hell do you want to go aberystwyth for ? lol

in all seriousness good luck to you all, and what kadama said is right, alot of people with gd grades dont put them to any use.

and all the idiots r earning higher salaries, just look at the government.

Adel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2008
Wow, you're an idiot.

No, not really, you ignorant faggot. He makes a good point.

Uni doesn't garuntee you anything, apart from a big lump on debt at the end/

GL to those who are waiting on results though, I remember it last year. Wasn't too bothered about it though cos I knew I'd done ****. But had an AWESOME night out on the thursday.

Good times.

Reactions: Kadama

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
Uni doesn't garuntee you anything, apart from a big lump on debt at the end.

not neccesarily, if your welsh and go to uni in wales then you dont pay tuition fees, and if you have a part time job or earning money in some way its not so hard not to get into debt.

Adel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2008
not neccesarily, if your welsh and go to uni in wales then you dont pay tuition fees, and if you have a part time job or earning money in some way its not so hard not to get into debt.

Since when were we talking about Wales? That's got about as much relevance as bringing the US into this.

As for part time jobs, LOL. Every fukin student has a part time job when they break up for summer etc. If you think that makes an ounce of difference you don't know what you're talking about.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
student have part time jobs throughout the year seeing as i work with alot of them, and i was just pointing out that wales have a better uni system :P, to look at anyway.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Since when were we talking about Wales? That's got about as much relevance as bringing the US into this.

Aberystwyth is in Wales, i believe that was mentioned.

I'm at uni, messed up a bit getting here, but made it in the end. Good luck to you all.
Uni's the best ****ing thing you'll ever do, ignore any negativity. Just enjoy it.

/Gandi

Last edited:

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
Lets be honest, you don't need a degree to be successful. Look at Lee from apprentice, 2 months at a **** uni before he dropped out and was earning healthily before he went on the show. BUT...in order to make it without a degree you got to be ****ing intelligent, street smart and innovative... and even though the majority of people on this forum may come across as smart unfortunately it is infact pseudo-intelligence, so a degree would greatly improve the chances of employment.

Gotta admit it does depend on what degree you do..a 9-5 is a better option if you're gonna do Media Studies at Crapstick University then itll take you ****in ages to repay your debts. HOWEVERRRRRR uni is the ****, the biggest laugh you'll ever have I ****in' recommend it to everyone.

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Got into Nottingham Trent for sure =].

Off to school to get my results in a second. Good luck everyone else.

Joopers*

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 10, 2006
Behind you
Good luck everyone (Y)

And nice one in getting into Nottingham Trent, hope you have fun at cave rave (Y) haha.

Last edited: