Heroes a little help if you can please

Join Discord

myjan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2011
East Sussex
When I load a hero server all is well but if I load one client I cannot see the char on the char log in screen but the game works fine. The char is there you can see the name and level but not the char itself.

If I load another client the log in screen is perfect, you can see the char and everything but when I get in game it messes up all items like base dress says needs DC of 400 to wear and cannot use pots.

Any help would be appreciated.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
chrsel.wil

not even going to bother saying anything else, people should know this by now.

boring.

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Because there are many versions of Heroes linked with different servers, you will get problems when you mix and match one client with another server.
From what you said, the first client is most accurate. As long as all items, maps, mobs etc. match with spawns and drops.
As Breezer mentioned, the chrsel.wil (character select), will be the problem file.
If your second client works correctly up to that point, replace the first client chrsel.wil with the second, including the chrsel.wix file too. (Make a backup first.)

Hopefully that'll sort it.

All that's happening is your client is looking for images that either don't exist or are in the wrong place in the file.

The files should reside inside the Data directory inside the main client directory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0