[Holley] Acceptable do nations

smoochy boys on tour

Annihilinth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2013
First off for some reason the word d o n a t i o n s is censored
When my server is ready, I did intend to make it F2P, but I am going to be renting a server, possibly from Karl.
This coupled with DDOS protection, will cost around £105 a month.

My original intention was to do it so that the only do nations would be for customised item names and skins which the person donating must have already found in game. But I don't feel this would be enough to sustain the server

So a simple question, what sort of things do YOU, the mir community consider being acceptable for do nations, and NO, there is NO chance of donate for items, or for VIP to get bonus XP or access to areas others without VIP wont have.

Annihilinth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2013
cant understand what u mean tbh

Basically I want to know what would the mir community be willing to donate for? The server I am working on will have no pay 2 win aspect, so absolutely no do-nations for items or for vip status which gives bonus EXP and other benefits etc.

I am looking for ideas on what people can donate for, which would help with running costs of servers but will NOT give the player any sort of significant advantage, which is why i came up with the idea of only donating for custom looking items and names (i.e. if you donate you can change the name and look of any item you find in game).

But I feel that this alone will not cover the costs of the server. Don't get me wrong I am not trying to make a profit, and at the same time I also don't mind having to pay more than I can make to have a well made server for the mir community to play on, but a little help with costs via do-nations is pretty standard isn't it? Even to the point where I know some servers in the past which have been made purely to make the owner money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aboodman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2013
Well m8 Actually Your right most of people nowadays say the excuses That ******** To keep server alive and Pay the dedi but what i can see nowadays they dont care about people having fun or so , they just care about gettin money.

---------- Post Merged at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:31 PM ----------

never liked ******** idea just would be good if u got to pay 5euro or so per month to play in server

Upvote 0

Annihilinth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2013
I agree that it would be nice to charge 5 euro per month per player to play, but this will never happen on the server I'm working on. Looks like for now its going to just be cosmetic ********s and that's all. For the sake of having a good server for people to play on, I will gladly front the money for it.

Upvote 0