AceM2 - The next generation of Mir

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Has there been any word on a release for these files yet? Or now that the official Server is fairly packed with players are they going to be kept unreleased?

SlippitySchlong

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2013
Has there been any word on a release for these files yet? Or now that the official Server is fairly packed with players are they going to be kept unreleased?
What official server? Can we play it in English?

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
Hate to be a cheeky bastard but any chance u could release the new map editor pls. Itching to get cracking lol. Thanks.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Where has the downloads gone too? There not on first page or I'm just a blind C*nt.

Also when I've downloaded "Download Manager Orbit" Then click the download link for "Setup.exe" it doesn't give me the option to download it in "Download Manager Orbit" Or am I meant to do this after I've got the setup? Wish you guys would just upload an Auto Patcher or something..

-Ash

Edit: Never mind there's a download link on the other section.. Still doesn't download in the download manager though..

Last edited:

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
I've done it now.. Used my own computer to download it then putted it in the network.

Anyone here willing to help a newb do a fair few levels?:)

IGN: DarkLord

-Ash

---------- Post Merged at 05:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:44 AM ----------

I think i may found a bug but i ain't 100% sure.. If it works as i think it does it could be major.

Currently waiting for Milo or someone to pop on asap.

(It could not be a Bug but i'm 99% Sure it is..)

I won't post it in case people don't know about it and don't wanna make matters worse.

So if a GM could come on now that'd be great.. Sort of feeling tired (No Sleep) so i'd rather see if it is a problem "now".

-Ash

Agro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 22, 2012
Manchester UK
I've done it now.. Used my own computer to download it then putted it in the network.

Anyone here willing to help a newb do a fair few levels?:)

IGN: DarkLord

-Ash

---------- Post Merged at 05:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:44 AM ----------

I think i may found a bug but i ain't 100% sure.. If it works as i think it does it could be major.

Currently waiting for Milo or someone to pop on asap.

(It could not be a Bug but i'm 99% Sure it is..)

I won't post it in case people don't know about it and don't wanna make matters worse.

So if a GM could come on now that'd be great.. Sort of feeling tired (No Sleep) so i'd rather see if it is a problem "now".

-Ash

You will be better off posting in there forum

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?621-AceM2-Server

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
How do you set the game to 1024x600? I tried it in the options but it doesn't save. Just defaults back to 1024x768 everytime I run the game.

Scher

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 17, 2009
i hope this new mir dont have any tweaks hhh but i think its imposible hhhh

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
David, as already stated many times, the files will be released when ready. Any more posts from in relation to this will see a temp ban.

If you want to get a feel for the files download the AppleM2 source code.
Nice Comment... Your an idiot. LETS ALL QUIT MAKING PRIVATE SERVERS AND JOIN ACEM2. Thats what they want.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Nice Comment... Your an idiot. LETS ALL QUIT MAKING PRIVATE SERVERS AND JOIN ACEM2. Thats what they want.

Not at all, your welcome to download the apple source code, as we did, and begin 'making private servers'.

Sam

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Not at all, your welcome to download the apple source code, as we did, and begin 'making private servers'.

Sam
Nice post mate, why aint all the mod's admins like you huh..

Ive looked in the AppleM2 Source myself ive not managed to get a working set.. It's just an shame there isnt an open source project up and running.

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012

Sam

I'm sorry but it's your teams fault for saying the files will be released on a date which you guys changed due to you wanting to run a server or saying the files not ready to be released (which is in fact bull shiz as with any files been released in the past they have had there issues but didn't stop people making servers with them), in which we have all helped you bug test yes? (only reason i played to begin with btw) which was the primary objective, but as the server has grown stronger it became obvious the files won 't be releasing until the server dies.

It's all fine just let the public know (saves a lot of hassle) and stop ****ing them around, and yes all your work is acknowledged and appreciated so thank's to all that's put in any work.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
I'm sorry but it's your teams fault for saying the files will be released on a date which you guys changed due to you wanting to run a server or saying the files not ready to be released (which is in fact bull shiz as with any files been released in the past they have had there issues but didn't stop people making servers with them), in which we have all helped you bug test yes? (only reason i played to begin with btw) which was the primary objective, but as the server has grown stronger it became obvious the files won 't be releasing until the server dies.

It's all fine just let the public know (saves a lot of hassle) and stop ****ing them around, and yes all your work is acknowledged and appreciated so thank's to all that's put in any work.

The point I would like to get across is moaning and keep making posts about it will not make it come any faster... In actual fact it has the exact oppersite, we have had people leave team and people who now refuse to check lomcn from the amount of negative feed back we receive, which ultimately has/is slowing us down.

We can't keep everyone happy and the server does take priority...

The commitment will be filled but in my opinion (and this is my opinion) it won't be until what ever 2.3/ruby has to offered is equaled in Ace... Granted a date was set and we have massively over run, but this a part time hobby that we do for free.

Sam

---------- Post Merged at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Nice post mate, why aint all the mod's admins like you huh..

Ive looked in the AppleM2 Source myself ive not managed to get a working set.. It's just an shame there isnt an open source project up and running.

Heroes is open source isn't it?

Sam

Reactions: -Luke-

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
Like i said if you took a moment to read just let the public know, and all your work is appreciated.

If you feel the files wont be released for another 6 months then fine so be it, but what's the harm in just saying so? rather than let people wait in hope or stop making a server in hope these will be released shortly.

I'm just saying give an honest answer like sorry guys the files wont be released for another 6 months+ but keep your eyes peeled. It really is quite simple to keep people and posts like this off your back.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
---------- Post Merged at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Heroes is open source isn't it?

Sam
Yes it is, me personally i dont like where the files have gone.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
David, as already stated many times, the files will be released when ready. Any more posts from in relation to this will see a temp ban.

If you want to get a feel for the files download the AppleM2 source code.

Ok, im not quite sure what deserves a ban?
Perhaps your getting angry that you cant pretend that this all never happened because im constantly reminding everyone? lol

WHy people dont just be honest is what confuses me...

"David, stop reminding everyone that were not gunna release and that this is all just a ruse"

Its so easy to tell the truth, the comeback is so small , why you dont just say whats really going on immediately? lol
Why is everyone a politician.
It takes a fool not to realise how the stance of the admin has changed in 3 months, lol..