AceM2 - The next generation of Mir

smoochy boys on tour

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Do the mir3 files / maps have to be converted for use in these files? I'm curious if you could use this new map editor to make mir3 maps

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
fine i'll bother to reply this once:
first up: tom27 < a good set of mir files doesnt need any ip on server side :p you just set the server to run everything on 127.0.0.1 and use the force ip feature on client, which dm2 and acem2 have (no clue about other sets). this way you only have to enter the correct ip on client (or dns) and it'll work even if your ip changes: you only need to edit the client (also solves issues ppl might have with routers not doing local loopback cause you can just force clients to connect localy and internet players can connect through your router)

second: far < maps dont have to be converted at all, in theory you can load mir3 clients straight up in the client, 'for now' (no eta on when/if i'll ever fix it) the client can only read shanda mir3's .Miz format tho not the mir3 .wil, so your map files have to contain images that are in .miz (works for most mir3 maps), also map editor can load mir3 wils :p

Lucafer

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 15, 2008
Newbury,Berks
great work so far guys, will this files be able to be coded to use the no-ip.org in case some1 doesnt have a static ip address (just a thought)

SlippitySchlong

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2013
So what is different about this other than better looking maps? Is there a name view option, is the Korean interface implemented? Will there be GM's on all the time, what about anti-cheat protocol?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
So what is different about this other than better looking maps? Is there a name view option, is the Korean interface implemented? Will there be GM's on all the time, what about anti-cheat protocol?

No Korean Interface, only the interfaces on the first page. Play Ruby servers if you want Wemade interface. There is a Name View option if I remember right, can't remember off the top of my head. These are public Server Files, we don't manage servers and we certainly don't GM them (Unless we run them ourselves). They're new files so Cheats will take a while to develop and we'll actively prevent them where possible.

Regarding other features the files have ton's some small, some large. I'm not going to make a list right now though. People will see a lot of them in the Test Server and even more when we release the files.

spacemonstar

Yours Truly
Dedicated Member
Aug 12, 2004
England
This looks outstanding. I will be switching to these as soon as they are released.

I just have one quick Q:

Does the client run without problems on Windows 8? I've had problems running the Ruby Client on Windows 8 and currently am only able to use WeMades Client on my crappy laptop. My problem was the text input fields (login/password/typing in the interface) doesn't show.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
This looks outstanding. I will be switching to these as soon as they are released.

I just have one quick Q:

Does the client run without problems on Windows 8? I've had problems running the Ruby Client on Windows 8 and currently am only able to use WeMades Client on my crappy laptop. My problem was the text input fields (login/password/typing in the interface) doesn't show.

I don't think any of the team have a Windows 8 device but the Client is using an updated DirectX Engine so I expect it'll work fine. If not I'm sure we'll make the effort to fix it.

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
The client runs on Windows 8. I am testing client from around 2 weeks on windows 8 and runs smooth and with not problems. Also the light system is impressive, the most advanced and nice looking that has been to date in mir2/mir3.

spacemonstar

Yours Truly
Dedicated Member
Aug 12, 2004
England
The client runs on Windows 8. I am testing client from around 2 weeks on windows 8 and runs smooth and with not problems. Also the light system is impressive, the most advanced and nice looking that has been to date in mir2/mir3.

Great :) Cheers.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England

Is the text problem of Ruby cleared ?
The problem in W8 is you type blind and only see what you typed after pressing return.

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
I`ll check when i get home, but at the moment from what i know, there is not problem on windows 8 pro. I can write commands etc and can see everything on chat. But i`ll double check.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
The original post says since last September, the first few words.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Any chance to upload a gameplay video? I think i'm not the only one who's willing to see how it looks.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Any chance to upload a gameplay video? I think i'm not the only one who's willing to see how it looks.

This. Also i'd love to see pictures of any new dungeons. All i've seen so far are old dungeons and provinces.

Also, are there moving animations? I remember seeing a video of a moving waterfall a while back - would be good if they finally brought in animations like mir3

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Wow, pretty impressive work.. can't wait. Only one questions, how will client updates work? Will there be a launcher or do we have to use koari launcher?

koz1122

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 22, 2012
Wahoo!
People do still care about this brilliant game!

Out standing job team :) Hi - 5

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

This. Also i'd love to see pictures of any new dungeons. All i've seen so far are old dungeons and provinces.

Also, are there moving animations? I remember seeing a video of a moving waterfall a while back - would be good if they finally brought in animations like mir3

I only have a short video of Animations on the new Maps. The others may have more but they're likely all Work In Progress videos.
[video=youtube;OIAcOIROVFs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIAcOIROVFs[/video]

Regarding Dungeons currently Shanda haven't updated the Dungeons to the new Style but the files have new Maps and Tiles/Objects for at least another two sets of Mir 2 Dungeons. Chilipepper built some sample maps with one set I'll get him to post Screenshots tonight or I'll grab some myself. On top of all that we also support the majority of Mir 3 Dungeons so that adds a large selection of Dungeons for Server Owners to use.

It's funny we added in Mir 3 map support and I went to Bichon Wall it was crazy how empty and soulless it felt compared to the new Mir2 versions. The animations really do add a ton to the game especially when mixed with the new light engine. Mir 3 Dungeons still look great though.

Wow, pretty impressive work.. can't wait. Only one questions, how will client updates work? Will there be a launcher or do we have to use koari launcher?

For the Test Server and Release we'll be launching a modified version of the same patcher that Arcadia uses with thanks to Scorpian for letting us use it.

Last edited: