Adding Armours/Weapons via HH8 - Through Hum.wil/Weapon.wil

smoochy boys on tour

Warda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2010
West Yorkshire
Afternoon all,

Just wondering, I don't suppose anyone knows how to "Sync" (I lack a better word) the Images in the Wil files of both Hum and Weapon to the game itself. I decided to add an armour and weapon to the game by importing the frames into HH8. However, when I do add them, in game they appear "Unsynchronized". Not to insult anyone's intelligence here, but I mean that whenever I walk/attack for example, the weapon/armour begins to attack/walk in a different direction to the player or the item will turn invisible.

(Special thanks to Bon who suggested dividing the 1st image shown by 1200 to get the Shape number, I would spend ages finding the images by guessing the numbers - also to anyone else who may have found that out, I found Bons' post first).

I don't know if this works or not, but I originally thought that if the starting frame of the item ended in a 0, e.g. the MirSword image with the starting frame of 44400 (Euro Mir files), that the image of the item in game would be automatically synchronized. So, I attempted to add the frames so that the starting frame would be added to a frame that would begin with 0 (I tried to add it to 45600 in Weapon.wil but when I added it, it actually started at 45604. I tried to delete 4 of the blank frames so that the image would begin at 45600 - Not entirely sure on how all the functions work in HH8, but it wouldn't let me delete them) Again, like I said I don't know if you need to make sure the image begins on a 0, I just figured if I made sure that it did (like the others), it would work.

I apologize if I don't seem very clear at explaining. :(

If anyone can solve this problem, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Note: I've checked the forum by the Search Engine, not sure if anyone has made a thread explaining this. Knowing my luck I will have probably been searching for the wrong thing. -.-

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
You are correct in saying to Divide by 1200, it depends on what the items are though. You want to divide the StateItem.Wil item by 1200, this gives you one of the values ( cant remember which ) & Also the Weapon.Wil by 1200 also this will give the other value.
& when adding frames you need roughly 1200 of them this is why you have a division of 1200, this means that the second item will be 2. the first item divided by 1200 will be 1. And so on.

Upvote 0

Warda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2010
West Yorkshire
Ohh I see now, I thought the number of frames had to be equal to 1200. That may explain some items I've come across lol. Thanks azz. Also, just a quick question, probably a daft question but say you divide the number of the first frame by 1200, and the answer happens to be a decimal maybe. Would you just round the number to the nearest whole digit or would you class the final Shape number as, e.g. 1.00-1.99 = 1, 2.00-2.99 = 2 etc etc?

Upvote 0