Affinity Mir - The Final Chapter

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
The only issue would be if the SQL server is down while the server is loading or the SQL wasn't secure to prevent SQL injections other than that, the data is loaded onto the server upon load up, the server than uses that stored data throughout the whole time it's online and you can turn the SQL off if you wanted although adjusting items wouldn't be possible and would more than likely crash the server, normally, you connect to a local instance of SQL although it's also possible to keep the data on a remote system so I'm not sure how you'd come to that conclusion.

You can turn the SQL off while the server is running? How do you keep the data backed up then if nothing writes back to the SQL database? Surely everything will come out of sync? I can't say for sure as i can't see your data structure but I still stand by what I said, that you will have integrity issues by what has been described.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
You can turn the SQL off while the server is running? How do you keep the data backed up then if nothing writes back to the SQL database? Surely everything will come out of sync? I can't say for sure as i can't see your data structure but I still stand by what I said, that you will have integrity issues by what has been described.
Did you fail to read that it's STATIC data and only if YOU change the stats of items, mobs etc is when issues arise.. That data doesn't change on its own someone with access has to manually edit it.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Did you fail to read that it's STATIC data and only if YOU change the stats of items, mobs etc is when issues arise.. That data doesn't change on its own someone with access has to manually edit it.

Even tho its static data it should still be relational. Anyway I was only trying to help.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Even tho its static data it should still be relational. Anyway I was only trying to help.
Step 1) start server.
Step 2) server loads data from SQL ONCE.
Step 3) server holds that data in a list which is used throughout the whole time server is online and doesn't change unless the data is edited by someone with access to the server form or sql server just as it is with flatfile..
Step 4) shut the server down, data is saved.

Don't know if it's possible to make it any clearer.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Step 1) start server.
Step 2) server loads data from SQL ONCE.
Step 3) server holds that data in a list which is used throughout the whole time server is online and doesn't change unless the data is edited by someone with access to the server form or sql server just as it is with flatfile..
Step 4) shut the server down, data is saved.

Don't know if it's possible to make it any clearer.

Yes I am VERY familiar how the server works with a flat file db and with SQL. I have done all this before about a year ago. Like I said, I am just sharing my knowledge and experience so that it may help others or in this case this server. You don't have to be so defensive and ignorant about it. Especially when someone is trying to help...

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Server is going to need some downtime - Some things have been found that really need fixing before it is brought back online. These are crucial fixes so I won't be bringing it back online until they are fixed, thankyou for the work so far (We won't be wiping the accounts and the work you've done so far on open beta until the final day of launch so dont worry things will be back as they were when the servers online and open beta continues).

Please give me some time to fix this issue, it may be down until tommorow but please be patient, when we are back online we will do some later game testing. Thankyou

omegamerxx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 8, 2017
sorry i delete the post i dont see the game was offline xD im leave playing 2 days ago, and dont know was happened i read now hahahaha

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
After I have this issue fixed (Not going so well so far - haven't lost anything though so don't worry it just doesnt wanna play ball) - We will be doing the later content testing and PVP testing (Just to make sure its all clean). If all goes to plan once that is complete we can look at going to live

---------- Post Merged at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Okay we are back online - Later this evening we will do PVP tests

Thankyou for the patience so far

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
After I have this issue fixed (Not going so well so far - haven't lost anything though so don't worry it just doesnt wanna play ball) - We will be doing the later content testing and PVP testing (Just to make sure its all clean). If all goes to plan once that is complete we can look at going to live

---------- Post Merged at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Okay we are back online - Later this evening we will do PVP tests

Thankyou for the patience so far

So after that your going to wipe and go live? or maybe soft lauch with reboot or take it down when ever but no wipe ?:)

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
Even though i am the highest warrior ( as far as i know )
but I'd recommend a wipe because i know loads of people
whom are waiting for live to start playing including my cousins.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
There will be a wipe before launch yes, Still got bits and pieces to do but all going well :)

Soprano

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2010
Hello guys,I dw the autopatcher and installed but when I try to launch the game got a black screen.Do I missed something to dw or?
Any help pls?
Ty.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Hello guys,I dw the autopatcher and installed but when I try to launch the game got a black screen.Do I missed something to dw or?
Any help pls?
Ty.

It could be that you might not have certain drivers installed aswell

- Check here if the resolution change doesnt fix it

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?88388-FAO-People-with-black-screen-issues

---------- Post Merged on 03-06-2017 at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 02-06-2017 at 10:30 PM ----------

Patch 1.9

- Fixed IWT + HealthBars
- Adjusted Taos HP - Lowered slightly
- Medusa Attack range upped
- RME Attack Range upped
- Adjusted King Hog - Increased Health, Changed AI
- Adjusted King Scorp - Increased Health, Changed AI
- Adjusted Incarnated Bone Lord Speed
- Added Extra map effects/damage to OKS Kings Tomb
- Fixed Spectre Spawns
- Fixed View range on OKS Mobs
- Fixed Boss Scroll Room