Alienware

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
From what I can see that system is a total ripoff :S You would be better buying the parts seperately and building it yourself. A rough estimate you would be saving about 700 quid or so.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Alienware is good quality but expensive you can get the same pc for half price more or less

BountieHunter1

LOMCN Pro Member
Golden Oldie
Oct 18, 2003
London
urbanfox said:
Aye.

Off the top of my head, I believe their AXL or whatever model it is with it's 'super cooling' uses a very poor water cooling setup with something like 1/4" OD.
:hm: in english lol?

anyways do you know any company that can do you a computer from scratch? like you pick the parts etc. kinda like alien ware.

Last edited:

Victory

LOMCN n00bie
May 26, 2005
i bought mine couple months back, they are good machines probly a bit over priced compared to other computers, but you get a good quality service and looks good in my study :D

i havent really tested it to see how much it can handle etc but its runs some games really smoothly and it kinda links in with the theme of the games i play (Anarchy Online, www.anarchy-online.com )

i did really buy it for looks.

building ur own PC to suit your needs is a much better idea. i bought this comp for games and it basicly had everything i would put into a custom machine if i were to build it from scratch, so saved me some time.

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
urbanfox said:
I was half expecting that link to load into some crude pron website.
I was half disapointed when that link loaded up a computer front.

what do you reckon to those computers on that site urban? They look quite nice and are resonably priced.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Stonehelm said:
what do you reckon to those computers on that site urban? They look quite nice and are resonably priced.

I just looked at em and you not only get a better deal at komplett, but, you have basically 0 cutomising options on that site, and the choices suck. The fact that only builds are with one type of motherboard (in this case Asus...) is not great either.