AMD X2 Dual Core AM2 Athlon 64 6400 Black Edition

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
So as the title says, i'm buying this processor...

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?AMD-X264BE

Not off that site but it's easier to see the specs etc there, and my question is will it be ok to use a standard cpu heatsink to cool this? Or do you think it'd overheat with it.

Probally won't be able to buy a better CPU cooler for about a month or so, and was just wondering if it'd be ok as I really don't know much about heat levels etc.

Slight update - The case I have has a fan built into the back, so that would help with the cooling I guess?

Last edited:

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
does. a heat sink come with it??

Yes, it says its 'Retail Boxed', When it says Retail and not 'OEM' then it comes with a headsink.

Think that applies all the time.

/Ash

- i have the 6000+ version, and that runs perfectly at around 30-35 degrees c. With the heatsink coming with it, it'l be fine inless you start to overclock but i shouldn't imagine you'd want to.

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
Nah I wouldn't overclock it as there would be no need lol but ah if yours runs ok it should be fine, cheers for the feedback.

Edit - As this is the chat forum, anyone know anything about this processor? From what i've heard and read so far it seems decent enough. Anyone got an opinion about it?

Last edited:

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Nah I wouldn't overclock it as there would be no need lol but ah if yours runs ok it should be fine, cheers for the feedback.

Edit - As this is the chat forum, anyone know anything about this processor? From what i've heard and read so far it seems decent enough. Anyone got an opinion about it?

Well, as iv said, i own the 6000+ version, and i like it, seems to be speedy, and for the price its amazing.

Can't really comment on it, although not good for overclocking, although you've already said you don't need to.

Although if you wish to overclock in the future, look towards the Core 2 Duo.

/Ash

RedDragonX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 5, 2005
I doubt theyd supply a heatsink that would cause it to overheat so yeah, but its a good processor if you have an AM2 Board

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
Yes, it says its 'Retail Boxed', When it says Retail and not 'OEM' then it comes with a headsink.

well ya know. he said hes nt gunna get it from that site. so how was i to know..

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
in big bold writing on the retail edition of the cpu.....

Please be aware this product does not ship with a CPU cooler

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Thanks Karl...No that's sarcasm, if you could read then maybe you wouldn't make yourself look like an ass.

Well im not getting your sarcasm, please explain? All im doing is stating what it says on the site about the cpu not coming with a cooler where everyone else is saying that if its a retail boxed version it should do?

Nightwolf

Developer
VIP
Jul 16, 2003
Manchester, UK
well I had an amd system as I was always used to AMD but i fried it so i have built a new system and find intel allot better :P and gforce gcard as the mobo I got supports the quad core processors.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
well I had an amd system as I was always used to AMD but i fried it so i have built a new system and find intel allot better :P and gforce gcard as the mobo I got supports the quad core processors.
i still got my amd fx57, old skool!

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
CPU.png

Update - Temp is ****ing leet.