Join Discord

PureKill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 27, 2007
United Kingdom
boxer*

Real fighters are the guys in UFC imo.

I also dont think Khan will go the same was as Nas, but he will stop and realise hes not MohammedImArdBruceLee anymore.

lmao u made me lol in rl with that 1 hahah + rep for u

khan has never been that gd he was never had to fight any 1 any gd and he still been put on floor twice befor this

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
Im a big Amir Khan fan but he got knocked the **** out, did you see the chicken dance, ****ing banter. He wont lose again though, I think a doosh in the mug and a taste of floor is the wake up call he needed.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
You don't get anywhere in boxing by saying "Well I'm an ok fighter, but he's really good so he might beat me".

The game is far more mental than it is physical, the only real exception to this being Tyson, who is just a pure hate filled warrior.

The greats though, they beat their oponents before they even step into the ring. And you can't do that without being arrogant and ignorant. Just doesn't work, the greats were just as egotyscial and arrogant (look at Ali) they just didn't lose early enough for people to turn on their character. Fact is though, you need it to last.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Hmm, so Ali wasnt a physical fighter?

He only stood and took a beating 'til his apponent was knackerd before taking 'em out.

Ofcourse they both play big rolls, but 1 just as much as the other, imo.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Hmm, so Ali wasnt a physical fighter?

He only stood and took a beating 'til his apponent was knackerd before taking 'em out.

Ofcourse they both play big rolls, but 1 just as much as the other, imo.

I didn't say he wasn't a physical fighter, I said he was more psychological than physical. Ali was one of the most intelligent fighters that ever existed, and his intelligence was his strongest asset, not his speed or power.

Sticking two people who don't know anything about eachother in a ring and telling them to fight is very different to waiting and anticipating a fight with someone who thinks they're the best, acts like they're going to win and mentally destorys you before you set foot in the ring. Ali was the best boxer in the world because of that.

The strength to take one on the chin to a degree is physical, but there is a lot more mental training required. Not to mention rage surpression, when I was training ABA there were guys in my gym who just couldn't fight because they let their anger lead and let the red mist take over. People get too emotional in fights.

Then you have tactical fighting, the ability to be able to spot flaws in your oponents stance and style. That's hard enough without being potentially smacked around while trying to spot them.

Then you have fortitude, the ability to maintain an attitude that keeps you going, not giving up, realising that lack of energy is only partly in the body but can be set back by the mind.

There are masses of elements to winning a boxing match that are in no way physical (although it is admittedly a huge part of it), and these make up the foundations of the sport. Ali was the best fighter the world has ever seen because of this, not because he threw the best punch, but because he knew that there are many more punches you can throw outside of the ring. Watch one of his pre-fight talks and you'll know what I'm talking about.