An updated map editor?

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
There isnt really a dedicated thread for discussion on an updated map editor, so I would like to start one.

I would like to start making my own maps, but I need a map editor that can read all the tiles properly from the RubyM2 client (korean)

Is anybody working on an updated map editor which will allow this? or am I waiting in vain?

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
writing it in vain.... they are too busy coding on the files and don't give a hoot about maps. I've heard somebody is possibly going to make an SVN for nooby coders to start on a map edit.. but im not sure if it'll happen. I've tried to get hold of a source off people who've started, but nobody has supplied, or shared.

Shortys works well enough just no tile details, i cant see why you've had such problems with it. Theres massive limitations with it, but its good enough for what it is. It makes shells of maps, fills them, and you can add objects. Just major problem is the tile details.. which are taking over alot of object details now. So in 2-3 patches it'll become a massive problem.

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
my main problem with shortys editor, is that alot of the newer tiles (like the floor tiles for jinchon) it doesnt read properly. I know the client will still read them, but trying to make a map with tiles that don't display properly is frustrating, and time consuming. If somebody updated it to read all the tiles properly, that would be good enough for me.

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Nope, told me a while ago he lost it, or couldn't find it. Something along those lines.

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
hmm weird, let me check...

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

oh well, i feel like an idiot now. Guess I didnt expect them to be right at the top of the list... Cheers David, I can make my maps now lol

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

lol at the question mark too :P

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
Wow, not being able to undo stuff is painful. I have to save the map after every object i add.

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
Ctrl & Z you can undo 6 times
some objects you can't undo think its because there too big

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
i know how to undo, but it works whenever it wants to... thats whats annoying lol

mighty3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 2, 2008
grantham
sorry to say but you can delete the tiles or objects by using the 3rd one from the blue undo buttom (its white ) i use that all the time to delete objects in all the maps i make

Last edited: