Another thread about the PSP.

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
I read a while ago about people wanting to play homebrew on their PSP 2.0 EU systems, people were unclear in the last thread but since then a downgrader has been released.

The reccomended version is 1.5, with that and another hack you can pretty much do anything and also trick your PSP into thinking its a 1.5x - 2.0, thus being able to use digitally signed software.

http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?p=177883#post177883

Note: If you don't like to read alot, then don't bother downgrading, you'll probably just brick your PSP.

As for me, I'm getting mine on Saturday with pretty much every game out :). Got my computer prepared for the downgrade. :P

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
Yeah, as Milo said, the key is, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY, take your time, and everything WILL go fine.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
i followed isntructions carefully and downgraded my psp a while back, its amazing, can play mario when i got a free period at sixth form, version 1.5.0 fo teh win.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
i here theres a 0.5% chance of ****ing ur psp up even if u do it perfectly

Big Tip - dont upgrade ur psp to 2.1 :P

prob is with games, when u copy em to mem card, they dont work as good as the real game :l

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Good Apps for psp:

FastLoader v8
Snes9XL
DGEN
DOOM

Thats whats on mine atm, cant wait for the 4gb hardrive at the end of the month :D.

-edit-
@Tofas
If you set the cpu speed to 333mhz, the games run fine. (If you use fastloader, please select on the ISO select screen).

Last edited: