Anyone got heros or ruby tutorial please?

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Trying to set up a server to mess about playing on myself on a Windows XP machine.

which files do I need?

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
ah yeh heroes probably the best then but you would need to fix the curse bug and some others bugs

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Ardbeg is a Ruby expert I believe, at least that's what his sig indicates, it says 'Siran Ruby Server in Development' if I recall that right. Maybe he needs some encouragement like this to pull the mothballed project down from the attic :sleep:
Offer yourself as a volunteer tester...

Don't want to speak for OP but I doubt very much that XP is all he has when it comes to computing, he just wants to play on those old files solo for nostalgia reason, at least that's how I read it.

That curse bug or some other bugs may not apply if you just mess about solo or maybe with few close buddies who would accept the limitations the files have.

Reactions: Pusha

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I got some files from mirfiles just don’t know how to m
Ardbeg is a Ruby expert I believe, at least that's what his sig indicates, it says 'Siran Ruby Server in Development' if I recall that right. Maybe he needs some encouragement like this to pull the mothballed project down from the attic :sleep:
Offer yourself as a volunteer tester...

Don't want to speak for OP but I doubt very much that XP is all he has when it comes to computing, he just wants to play on those old files solo for nostalgia reason, at least that's how I read it.

That curse bug or some other bugs may not apply if you just mess about solo or maybe with few close buddies who would accept the limitations the files have.
Exactly that, I found the files on www.mirfiles.co.uk but I just don't know how to get them up and running, it's probably very straight forward but i'm stupid haha.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Some years back, before crystal files (I either wasn't aware of them or they weren't that easy or available then), I also labored with trying to make those other files run, studied guides how to but never managed to start them up.

Also tried much later when somebody put files for download fairly 'recently' seemingly with 'guaranteed and simple guide', don't remember what kind those were. They even had a batch starting file that automatically started number of the exe files in succession for you but that still got hung up on something beyond my abilities to troubleshoot. Before you ask, those files are on PC in EU while I am still overseas unable (not willing) to return due to this virus scare.

I think its time someone able put up this kind of retro server for us to play on to destroy our dreams of those files. :p

Reactions: Omnibus

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Some years back, before crystal files (I either wasn't aware of them or they weren't that easy or available then), I also labored with trying to make those other files run, studied guides how to but never managed to start them up.

Also tried much later when somebody put files for download fairly 'recently' seemingly with 'guaranteed and simple guide', don't remember what kind those were. They even had a batch starting file that automatically started number of the exe files in succession for you but that still got hung up on something beyond my abilities to troubleshoot. Before you ask, those files are on PC in EU while I am still overseas unable (not willing) to return due to this virus scare.

I think its time someone able put up this kind of retro server for us to play on to destroy our dreams of those files. :p
I'm quite willing to put up a server for experiment. Trying to figure out which of those files/tools etc in the link I should download

Reactions: mir2pion