Apple imac problem

smoochy boys on tour

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
I just got an apple imac "mac os x version 10.5.8" and i forgot the password, also i have no installation disc so im unable to get into the computer. Is there anything i can do to bypass it?

I've looked on google, it says:

BUT I DONT HAVE AN APPLE KEYBOARD I HAVE A WINDOWS ONE. :(

To reset your OS X password without an OS X CD you need to enter terminal and create a new admin account:

Reboot
Hold apple + s down after you hear the chime.
When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):
mount -uw /
rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
shutdown -h now
After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account. When you login as the new admin you can simply delete the old one and you’re good to go again!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Torrent the installation file burn it to a disk and use it? Failing that borrow one quite alot of people have a mac these days ¬_¬

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
You've "just got" this iMac, and you've "forgot" the password and you don't have the keyboard for it, or the installation disc.

Does sound just a little bit suspicious..
However, to actually be slightly be helpful, like Zen said, just reformat it with a downloaded copy
or if i remember correctly, on a Windows keyboard, the Windows key acts like the Apple/command key, so just follow those instructions you've got..