apprenticeships

Join Discord

BlueJeans

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2004
right atm im in collage doing a btec national in ict which atm i feel that it wasnt the right course for me as im finding it quite boring, what im thinking of doing is getting an apprenticeship in eletrical engineering or something along those lines.

my question is where would i go to find aprentiships as such, and any one who has taken any apprenticeships could they give a little feed back on how it was for you ?

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
BlueJeans said:
right atm im in collage doing a btec national in ict which atm i feel that it wasnt the right course for me as im finding it quite boring, what im thinking of doing is getting an apprenticeship in eletrical engineering or something along those lines.

my question is where would i go to find aprentiships as such, and any one who has taken any apprenticeships could they give a little feed back on how it was for you ?

Bearing in mind, I have no experience of IT apprenticeships, I'd recommend you look towards small (but expanding) businesses, and educational institutions.

They seem like areas that could always use more manual IT guys.

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
Have you heard or got a 'connextions' shop near you? just go in sign up and they'll help you try and get an apprenticeship in your job of choice. Im with a company called 'Total People' but they got in touch with me so i dunno how you'd go about getting in touch with them.

HunterR

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 7, 2004
London
>DMX< said:
Have you heard or got a 'connextions' shop near you? just go in sign up and they'll help you try and get an apprenticeship in your job of choice. Im with a company called 'Total People' but they got in touch with me so i dunno how you'd go about getting in touch with them.

I got some woman in my school every thursday u can talk 2 her or just go to their shops etc. Theres 1 in east ham if u live round here.

RightGuard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2005
Speak to your tutor/head of year, what ever you call them. They should be able to put you in touch with the people you need to speak to about getting an apprenticeship.

Or as HunterR said speak to your career advisor as I think they are called don't know if they are in colleges just high school, they will be able to give you advice on what to do.

When I tried to get an apprenticeship in IT, the hardest part was actually getting the placement. Due to the large amount of people also looking for one, it was the people that had just left college with the right grades that got the placements, leaving the people that had just left high school with the leftovers as such.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
LMAO blam, thats a padawan not an apprentice!!

try your local connexions place if not then enquire at your local college or soemthing

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
kud125 said:
LMAO blam, thats a padawan not an apprentice!!

try your local connexions place if not then enquire at your local college or soemthing

Ah, wrong again young Jedi.

A padawan is what a master calls a trainee jedi.
an apprentice is what padawan is known as to others.

So quiet.

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
lol u need to find your own 1 the collages dont find it for u so u need to find a company ash them for 1 and then u just go with the flow?