Archer Queries / Ideas

smoochy boys on tour

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Just see Archers appear in conversation from time to time, and I am quite curious to what people think of them as a class, what did servers do right with them (and where did they fail with them?)

I also have a few ideas on Archers and basically make them stand out a bit more
> Would like feedback on these, for....research....

[Ideas]
Imbued Arrows (Only one can be active at a time)
Frozen Arrows (Active - Buff) (Has a chance to slow normal targets and freeze slow targets)
Poison Tipped Arrows (Active - Buff) (Has a chance to apply various poisons on hit)
Flaming Arrows (Active - Buff) (Has a chance to cause burning and additional damage on burning targets)
Serrated Arrows (Active - Buff) (Has a chance to cause bleeding on normal targets and Haemorrhage on bleeding targets)

Double Bow (Active)
Your next attack fires 2 arrows in quick succession (has an increased chance to proc Imbued Arrows

Forked Arrows (Passive)
After hitting the primary target, it will potentially hit a few targets behind the main target (proc rate and range behind the target based off magic level)

Piercing Arrow (Channel)
You stay in the same position for 2 seconds preparing an arrow, after 2 seconds release the arrow and hit everything in a line, doing x? damage , causing enemies hit by Piercing arrow to bleed and be knocked back.

Tornado Shot (Active)
Shoot an arrow at target location, the arrow explodes shooting a spray of arrows in spaces around it

Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
ive completely redone the way archer works from the default files and i love it... cant wait to give it a go when i launch reborn :D

ive kept the spells the same but alof of the calculation are changed, its now a DC based ranged class as apposed to an MC class, its HP is very low like a wizard. the bows have a range stat, firing from out of range always misses, so undeerstanding range and gear/spells i felt was important, its a very kiting class untill you get higher.

i removed all the summons and pets from the class

i like your idea on spells

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
If i remember right. On shanda archer skills you need to buy arrows