Other Are all the Mir source code files only able to be coded in Delphi 6/7 or..

smoochy boys on tour

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Are all the Mir source code files only able to be coded in Delphi 6/7 or are there any files available on here that are updated to the current Delphi XE5?

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Not seen any use that new version.
The Delphi sources all seem to use third party components so I'm not sure how they will cope with a newer core program.

Is it any good ?

Upvote 0

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Yeah I use Delphi XE5 and so far and I really do enjoy it. I was shocked that I could not find any source code that have been updated past Delphi 6/7. I mean its 10+ years of improvements so w/o a doubt the game would run smoother due to more efficient ways of handling everything (memory, multiple OS, etc).

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
C# is the current choice for coding the game. Very effective it is too.

I would like to use Delphi pascal as I've used it for years and know my way around it more than C# but much of the structure is the same.

Upvote 0

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Ty Ardbeg, you sir made my life a lot easier. So now from what it seems is that the whole thing was recoded from scratch for C# probably due to how expensive delphi is and power? Is it just looking for the source code files that do not have Delphi extensions and c# at this point?

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Ty Ardbeg, you sir made my life a lot easier. So now from what it seems is that the whole thing was recoded from scratch for C# probably due to how expensive delphi is and power? Is it just looking for the source code files that do not have Delphi extensions and c# at this point?

There is a full open source svn available on the C# files.
Download Tortoise SVN if you don't have it and then create a new directory on your drive.
This new directory becomes your working copy and updatable via http://cmir2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

Refer to this section for the project info.
http://www.lomcn.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?633-C-Mir-(Open-Source)

Upvote 0