Are these specs gd ?

Join Discord

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
Just needing to know if these are gd specs to run a server on..... as GGSO is nearly finshed.

Order Details
Product
Unit Price
Quantity
Price
XPS™ 730 - (D107304)
Processor Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor QX9770 (3.67GHz OC, 1600MHz, 12MB cache), Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate SP1 - English
£ 3,548.52
£ 3,548.52
Item
Description
Base
Processor Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor QX9770 (3.67GHz OC, 1600MHz, 12MB cache)
Memory
4096MB 1333 MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [4x1024]
Keyboard
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard - Integrated GamePanel™ LCD, illuminated keys, programmable G-keys
Monitor
22in E228WFP WIDESCREEN UK/Irish (1680 x 1050) TCO99 DVI-D
Video Card
DUAL SLI 1GB nVidia GeForce GTX 280 graphics card
Hard Drive
Hard Drive - 1TB (2x1TB) DataSafe Local Hard drive solution - English
Floppy Drives and Additional Storage Devices
19-in-1 Media Card Reader with Bluetooth
Microsoft Operating System
Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate SP1 - English
Mouse
Logitech G9 Laser Gaming Mouse - Adjustable sensitivity, interchangeable grips, weight tuning
Optical Devices
16X DVD ROM Drive & 16X DVD+/-RW Drive (2 Drives)
Sound Cards
Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme PCI Soundcard
Speakers
Logitech X540 Speakers - UK
Shipping Documents
English Documentation with UK Power Cord
Gedis Bundle Reference
D107304
Microsoft Application Software
Microsoft® Works 9 - English
Standard Warranty
1Yr XPS Premium Warranty Support - Priority Call In and Onsite Support
Enhanced Service Packs
1Yr XPS Premium Warranty Support - Priority Call In and Onsite Support
Protect your new PC
No Security/Anti-Virus Protection - English
USB Memory Keys
Lexar JumpDrive Firefly USB Flash Drive - 8GB
Wireless Access Point and Base Routers
D-LINK DIR-635 Wireless N Router - UK
Order Information
XPS Desktop 730 Order - UK
Dell System Media Kit
Resource DVD - (Diagnostics & Drivers)
Accidental Damage Support
No Accidental Damage Support
TV Tuner and Remote Control
TV Tuner (analog/digital) with Remote Control
Physics PCI card
128MB Ageia® PhysX™ PCI card
Online Promotion Option for GEDIS Configs
Dell Internet Order
Dell™ 1320c Colour Laser Printer
Dell Colour Laser Printer 1320c (order with system)
£ 275.25
£ 275.25
Item
Description
Base
Dell Colour Laser Printer 1320c (order with system)
Cables
USB 2.0 3m Black Printer Cable
Standard Warranty
1Yr Basic Warranty - Next Business Day
Enhanced Service Packs
1Yr Basic Warranty - Next Business Day Included - No Upgrade Selected
Printer Toner Cartridges
4 Pack: Black (2000p) and All Colours (2000p) High Yield Toner for DELL Colour Laser Printer 1320c
Documentation
UK - 1320c Placemats, CD & Docs, Order Info
Printer Driver
Dell 1320c FI Printer Drivers for Dimension
[FONT=arial,helvetica]Total excl. VAT VAT Rate VAT Total incl. VAT Sub-total(s): £ 3,823.77 17.50% £ 669.16 £ 4,492.93 Total Price: £ 3,823.77 £ 669.16 £ 4,492.93 [/FONT]

As ive just brought that but w8ing for the bank to allow it to go thro
so are the specs gd or not just need some info??​
its a dell pc made for gaming btw XPS™ 730

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Why pay £4k for a pc when you can get a exerlant dedi for around £300 pcm not even that tbh. and problem buying brand new pc's from dell/pcworld etc etc they get dated very fast.

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
because i prefer to have my own pc so i know that it wont shut down etc etc, but are the specs good ?, besides it also looks nice :), it takes 14 days >.< but hope to be here soon as i payed an extra £45 to get the shipping quicker

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Lols, Im sorry but is this thread a joke? Mate if you knew what you was doing for that price you could make that pc 2-3 times over.

/Zen2

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Yes, But buying a pc built ready made as a package is where most people go wrong. Spend hundreds of pounds in your case thousands for something you could easily get for half the price if you baught the bits and simply pieced them together yourself and getting yourself a good free(maybe not legal) OS. Then as said above they bring out a new model a week after and your system becomes out dated. What connection do you have anyway? seems pointless buying all this and spending lots of money if you dont have atleast a 10mb Upload speed.

Dont know what files your planning on running but i can tell you now, If it involves sql you cant use sql 2000 on vista, Plus sql 2005 doesnt run the files as good and can cause lag out issues.

P.S:Was you showing off when you made this thread? As i think you know the answer just the OS may be your only probem as i said above ^^

/Zen2

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
I could of built you a better server yes better server and that for at least half the price if not more.

You dont need them type of stats to run Mir at all, it boils down to upload really!

/Haz

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
Dont know what files your planning on running but i can tell you now, If it involves sql you cant use sql 2000 on vista, Plus sql 2005 doesnt run the files as good and can cause lag out issues.

P.S:Was you showing off when you made this thread? As i think you know the answer just the OS may be your only probem as i said above ^^

/Zen2
well the files im useing will work on vist just like sql works on vista, as cyrus server was hosted on vista lol.

and i aint showin off i just wanted abit of advice and due to the fact some lomcn members know what there talkin about due to i no nothing about comps *well i do just not much* besides i mainly like the body of this pc lol looks very smart :)

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
I could of built you a better server yes better server and that for at least half the price if not more.

You dont need them type of stats to run Mir at all, it boils down to upload really!

/Haz

Exactly my point Haz there is no need for such system infact its a waste i could build a decent pc to run a server with 400 pounds. At the end of the day the main thing you need is a very good upload speed.

EDIT:Well i bet you could have got the case for about 100 pounds. Check google XPS Gaming cases or which ever model it is.

/Zen2

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
Exactly my point Haz there is no need for such system infact its a waste i could build a decent pc to run a server with 400 pounds. At the end of the day the main thing you need is a very good upload speed.

/Zen2
i dont know my upload speed lol :), but it aint crap put it that way :)

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
well the files im useing will work on vist just like sql works on vista, as cyrus server was hosted on vista lol.

and i aint showin off i just wanted abit of advice and due to the fact some lomcn members know what there talkin about due to i no nothing about comps *well i do just not much* besides i mainly like the body of this pc lol looks very smart :)

If you want my advice, cancel the order save yourself a few grand and build a PC for £500 :).

/Haz

-edit-
For your upload goto www.speedtest.net or www.thinkbroadband.com post your results here :).

-edit2-
Here is DevilSouls results. Not bad 54.6 Mbps Upload :). I cant really post the SpeedTest ones as we are hosted on the same network lol.
BBMax Results lol, abit better :). Ill stop now hehe.

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
i must say all my pcs are giving off diffrent specs look im on the downstairs pc atm

this one is from the other pc down stairs

this is from my brothers pc

Last edited:

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
The host of DevilSoul runs the Maidenhead Speedtest server so I can't really show you the results as it will be connecting internally ie at 1gig lol :/.

/Haz

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Rofl, those upload speeds arn't very good.

You could have a Super PC at your home and you'll still recieve lag due to the upload you have.

You'd of been way better getting one of those 100mb/s down/up servers that all the good server runners use, their pc's will be less than half the speed probably and will run a server tons better.

If you still have the option to cancel the order, do as Haz said.. and cancel.

/Ash

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
lol u got riped off for that price, and if u paid that ur a mug, i bet u didnt even buy it... u lie a lot.

u coulda got a much better pc for half the price, if its only used for runnin a server... lol wot a waste.

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
lol u got riped off for that price, and if u paid that ur a mug, i bet u didnt even buy it... u lie a lot.

u coulda got a much better pc for half the price, if its only used for runnin a server... lol wot a waste.

i have the reciept..... so explain to me how i am lieing??, id post a screen shot of it if you like ?