Are Wemade a Shady company?

smoochy boys on tour

Given all we know do you think wemade are Shady?

• Yes: Wemade are Shady!

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No: Wemade aren't Shady at all!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
So with the upcoming release of Wemade's next game NightCrow I wanted to create a poll and topic on which the community can vote and discuss Wemade as a whole.

To add some context to Wemade's reputation most of the games they release have either Mixed or negative reviews, they have been struck off from crypto sites in the past for providing false informations, inspector Jev found that the main Private server is being controlled by wemade using a third party, in Korea Crypto is banned yet even with terrible reviews for Wemades games they are managing to pull in quite silly amounts of money as shown below.

1.png

For me personally I find it very strange how the opperate and I'd say if they were placed under a proper investigation that there would be a lot of shady and illigal stuff happening behind closed doors. I mean how does a game that reviewed by korean streamers and players as being terrible and without crypto pull in 4 million in a month when the global game isn't even out yet and its only open to its own country.

It also makes me wonder what sort of money is going to be getting thrown about when Nightcrows launches next month on the 12th of march. Me personally I'm waiting for thrones and liberty which I've heard very good things about and its not owned by wemade but until global launches I'm going to try Nightcrows with a few others I know from the forum but I will not be spending and as soon as it gets a wallet race and boring pvp or TOL launches I'm done with it which is pretty much what others have said to me.

Anyway the Poll and discussion is now open.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I look at the $700k and call bs straight up. Rouge alone pull that in via crypto. % of that goes straight to WeMade using “Agents”

100% agree that WeMade should be investigated in South Korea by the appropriate authorities. If I can be sent the stuff I published by a few people, imagine how much more could be uncovered by search warrants and court orders.

Oh and Wemade Beijing/Singapore

Korean Information System Of Criminal-Justice Services

Doubt making a report would go anywhere

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I mean Mir4 had 20k downloads is a global game with crypto made 600k Nightcrow Korean lacks crypto had 7k downloads but made 4 million that in itself is sus how does a game with 1/3 the downloads make 8x the profit without crypto being in the game addtionally the korean game shops are vastly cheaper than global heck Mir4 global asia prices were way cheaper than what the rest of the world paid using the shop it was one of the reasons why asia got ahead of NA/EU and dominated for so long.

Popcorn pleanty of information on wemades current games on the offical websites and youtube.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I mean Mir4 had 20k downloads is a global game with crypto made 600k Nightcrow Korean lacks crypto had 7k downloads but made 4 million that in itself is sus how does a game with 1/3 the downloads make 8x the profit without crypto being in the game addtionally the korean game shops are vastly cheaper than global heck Mir4 global asia prices were way cheaper than what the rest of the world paid using the shop it was one of the reasons why asia got ahead of NA/EU and dominated for so long.

Popcorn pleanty of information on wemades current games on the offical websites and youtube.
What is it you are suggesting?

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
What is it you are suggesting?

Probably money laundering or some sort of scheme I mean lots of things they could be doing that isn't above board.

@SmavidDavid I mean we could talk about other world issues like the rise of parents killing children, or migrants let into the uk killing and raping our people, the acid attacks, kids carrying weapons becoming more common, the fights england keep sticking their noses into, or even how the price of everything doubled in the last 2 years and they reduced the size of everything to boot but that would just depress a lot of people.

Reactions: astrix and Tai

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Probably money laundering or some sort of scheme I mean lots of things they could be doing that isn't above board.

@SmavidDavid I mean we could talk about other world issues like the rise of parents killing children, or migrants let into the uk killing and raping our people, the acid attacks, kids carrying weapons becoming more common, the fights england keep sticking their noses into, or even how the price of everything doubled in the last 2 years and they reduced the size of everything to boot but that would just depress a lot of people.

It goes without saying its most likely linked to money laundering, but its rife in Asia due to gambling being illegal in most countries out there...

Lets talk LOMCN members for their link to naughty activities then in a few months, we can ban them all?

I'll go first.. I've sold map files i got given for free, to Lone for £50. I also made maps for people, in return I got items ingame.- Mir Police, take me away 😭... My only regret is @Martyn wasn't a GM back then....

I look at the $700k and call bs straight up. Rouge alone pull that in via crypto. % of that goes straight to WeMade using “Agents”

100% agree that WeMade should be investigated in South Korea by the appropriate authorities. If I can be sent the stuff I published by a few people, imagine how much more could be uncovered by search warrants and court orders.

Oh and Wemade Beijing/Singapore

Korean Information System Of Criminal-Justice Services

Doubt making a report would go anywhere

I would imagine if there was any substance to take WeMADE to court it would've come out during their long ongoing legal battle with Shanda...

Just amusing all of a sudden its like people are developing a moral compass towards WeMADE trying to investigate all their bad points to build a negative view around a company that bought us game, which has led to so many happy memories. All based off some messages and cherry picked information. Like tuning into Daily Mail here.. articles written by people who aren't living in real world.

• Haha
Reactions: Tai and Vyse

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
@SmavidDavid Can't speak for everyone but my moral compass is against exploitation, manipulation and greed and wemade is top of that list when it comes to all three with there game design.

I'm not saying the actual games themself are bad, some of them are visually stunning, play well, stats have been balanced properly for both PVP and PVE but all of these achievements are overshadowed by the crippling fact your not a person to them your just another source of income and they will do anything and everything to get money from you even ruin the actual game by having steep powercreeps in the cash shop that make it impossible to enjoy the game without spending obcene amounts of money.

The fact that this is an accepted practice for a company and has spread to all types of games across multiple platforms and the design creates and breeds toxic behavior and mental health issues is my problem with it. As I said I'll play a wemade game but I won't give them money ever again and any other company that opperates like that will be treated the same way.

There is no need to be as money hungry as they are FFXIV does fine with subscription and expansions, SWTOR is by far one of the best F2P models I've seen that is fair to those who have money and those who don't. we need more games like this not like the ones wemade make.

But its like everything in the world today one person can't change Sh*t and the majority of people are just Sheep that do as they are told and follow heard mentality.

Reactions: Pusha

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Can't speak for everyone but my moral compass is against exploitation, manipulation and greed and wemade is top of that list when it comes to all three with there game design.
100%

"Just amusing all of a sudden its like people are developing a moral compass towards WeMADE trying to investigate all their bad points to build a negative view around a company that bought us game, which has led to so many happy memories. All based off some messages and cherry picked information. Like tuning into Daily Mail here.. articles written by people who aren't living in real world."

I think the point here is how corrupt they are and how much they exploit people, and this section is just general MMORPG chat.

*Made a right mess of this post and don't know how to add Smavids post into it through quote lol*

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
They defo make more money than that on mir4, knowing just how much a hand full of players spend which was ridiculous and they have 1000s of players, Asia has most the biggest spenders

I voted no to be different but someone else already did, gg 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Vyse and Jev

WildGirl

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 26, 2013
Ethernet
If NightCrow will be like MirM, stay far away from it. If is more like Mir 4 can be playable. WeMade is a bad company that gave us few great games.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
is there PvP nd stuff on this NightCrow?

nevermind it looks like another mobile game autoplay heep.

Last edited:

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
They defo make more money than that on mir4, knowing just how much a hand full of players spend which was ridiculous and they have 1000s of players, Asia has most the biggest spenders

I voted no to be different but someone else already did, gg 😂
Any MMO based in china has limits per online gaming now. I can see the uprising of private servers there.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Any MMO based in china has limits per online gaming now. I can see the uprising of private servers there.

I think given enough time limits will be placed on all cross platform and mobile gaming games Gatcha, cash shop, and even battle passes are way out of hand. Getting rid of subsciption based gaming was the downfall of all online games, had it been replaced by a single paid battlepass for perks and rewards fair enough but they are given too much free reign on what they can sell and at what price.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Holy Batman

Makes me think, GN was up against that same Asian money grubbing mentality in their disputes over mir2 EU

I commiserate with those who have the need to play current games coming from there but for the rest of us content to stay behind the times, we get those games ripped off eventually and have lots of good times on them relatively for free.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
That must be a retorical question lol
Post automatically merged:

Remember Shanda?
I might be wrong here , but I remember Shanda the creators of Woool and WeMade the creators of LoM 2 which they license to Shanda to operate it in China and they had some legal issues along the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: MentaL