Heroes Assassin stuff (forgetting something silly I know it)

smoochy boys on tour

TheMasterGee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 23, 2003
Gotten all nostalgic, seeing the guys were coming together for the fantastic looking AceM2 - so I thought I'd throw a Heroes server together just to muck about on for a bit.

Now I know I've done this before without much trouble, and had the shape & looks acting fine with hum_killer & items files. (I've tried both the LOM2HeroesClient & HeroClient-260113 that I think Ripman or similar linked to)

Assassin stuff looked ok, cept I think hair or assassing weaps looked funny.... something like that. But the skills worked and so on, it was playable ish.

Right now I've got the server running ok, but the client(s) show no gfx for assassin stuff - except for the weapon's.wil.

The killer wils are in CustomData (and I tried putting in Data just incase something changed with the exe)

Armours are at shape 101+ in the db (which rings a right bell), looks are 2280+ (which I think was originally wrong as it's not in the dnitem/item)

... I've forgotten to do something I'm sure ...

Last edited:

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
There's two fields that determine the look of an armour/wep. Shape and Looks.

Shape changes what armour/wep animation the item uses and Looks changes the what it looks like on the floor, in your bag and on your character screen.

Maybe a screenshot would help better explain your problem because I'm thinking several problems atm :P

Upvote 0

TheMasterGee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 23, 2003
Hehe, yeah know about the shape/looks etc m8y ;)

I remembered what it was after. If you download the Heroes server files, then download the client files, add to it whatever new compiles are about for m2server and client - must remember the values in the db aren't 100% matched up with the wils.

For someone who hasn't played mir for years, I still reckon Heroes files are great and very very editable.

Can't believe your beta testing when I start a vacation 8o (she's not going to be pleased)

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Hehe, yeah know about the shape/looks etc m8y ;)

I remembered what it was after. If you download the Heroes server files, then download the client files, add to it whatever new compiles are about for m2server and client - must remember the values in the db aren't 100% matched up with the wils.

For someone who hasn't played mir for years, I still reckon Heroes files are great and very very editable.

Can't believe your beta testing when I start a vacation 8o (she's not going to be pleased)
i had to spend 2days redoing the whole item db all the stats/skins were fked.

Upvote 0