Auto Patcher

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Created a new autopatcher, almost a clone of the official one, infact it even works on the official mir and downloads their stuff.

Will release soon, any suggestions on anything to improve the patching process?

74296361.jpg

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
Imo it'd look better with a little more brightness, maybe change the 'Click Here' box to something brighter, to bring the whole bottom section up a bit? The top looks excellent, but as I say it's on the dark side.

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
does it use the same kind of .ini configuration as kaoris (able to use mirrors)?

is a user going to have to set up the paths to the .exe for the game start button to work, or does it look in the directory the patcher is in by default?

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
does it use the same kind of .ini configuration as kaoris (able to use mirrors)?

is a user going to have to set up the paths to the .exe for the game start button to work, or does it look in the directory the patcher is in by default?

It searches for the mir2.exe in the folder, you can set the name of ur exe in the ini file.

It can be set up to use mirrors easily

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
It searches for the mir2.exe in the folder, you can set the name of ur exe in the ini file.

It can be set up to use mirrors easily

Sounds great and looks great, should get used alot by everyone who runs a server.

Nice work Stephen

lif

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
what does it use to work out checksum of files? possible to post it here? I wrote ours in ASM in delphi to be fast, but I'd love to know if you have a faster one :).

Orphanmaker1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 9, 2009
Looks good, what about the image though, is that changable without ****ing up the buttons? Cos currently it has gamepot written on it

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
That image is a browser, you can set it to use your own news page

As for checksum, i used this.

Code:
using System.IO;
using System.Security.Cryptography;

private static string GetChecksum(string file)
{
    using (FileStream stream = File.OpenRead(file))
    {
        SHA256Managed sha = new SHA256Managed();
        byte[] checksum = sha.ComputeHash(stream);
        return BitConverter.ToString(checksum).Replace("-", String.Empty);
    }
}

Grinch

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 30, 2008
Kyndigs please use 2 buttons , 1 to make uptodate , and other 1 for to dont make uptodate automaticly.... why? If u want to play and have a Sabuk war must stay 2 long for up-to-date. Is not necessary all the time to make up to date from server to the files. :):ghug:

I wait your realise , and thanks you, for your working !!!

@ripy we dont need other peoples work , we have it this from the past, Leocrasher realise.:( Exist and Kaory autopacher, but is interesting this one! And we want to improve this realise.

We wait Kyndy!!! ;):ghug: