Azura's source

Join Discord

PackardBell

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 7, 2009
There are 2 Folders DBServer and DBServerSQL

When i try to compile DBServer it works good but in it's Dbsrc.ini there is no info to connect to SQL...

When i try to compile DBServerSQL it give me this error:

" [Fatal Error] HumDB.pas(7): File not found: 'DBAccess.dcu' "

I also checked DBServerSQL dbsrc.ini and it have info to connect to SQL server.... i dont understand if this is DBServerSQL why it ask me for Access?

What i can do to fix the error please?

PackardBell

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 7, 2009
The SQL DBSrv has never worked in that source. Was never completed.

If you want to use an SQL DBSrv I suggest you look at the Philli source

ok, thanks.... what about the DBServer ? how i use that ? it work with MS ACCESS Installed or ?

Upvote 0

PackardBell

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 7, 2009
afaik it works with both, you set the txt files to either Use/Or not the SQL which in that case you would use MS Access.

cool, thank you

I have been searching but cant but much info ...how do i use database.dat file? i been trying to open it in several programs but none work...

Upvote 0

NeOn

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 12, 2003
Chatsworth Estate, Manchester
cool, thank you

I have been searching but cant but much info ...how do i use database.dat file? i been trying to open it in several programs but none work...

hmm its not a .dat file you open its a .mdb file, assuming u mean the database for ms access? You need to install MSAccess (obviously) then all you do is just double click the file or open MSAccess, Open File, browse till you find DATA.mdb then it should open up.

If this isnt what you mean, please explain in more detail what you are trying to do exactly, as the .DAT file is a basically a file that "helps" (i spose) to load things up.

... oh one more thing, make sure the file is for access as a SQL file wont work with access and vice verser (afaik).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
If you want to use SQL then you simply change the setup.txt to SQL and import the .mdb files into a DB under SQL.

I'm going to be reworking on my source and fixing all the bugs ect.

Not deleting stuff that I dont know how to fix like Lifco has done.

Upvote 0