Basic NPC Help

Hellbound

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 15, 2006
Well, here's another help request from me. -_- pretty basic one too heh.

anyway, i've been trying to figure out NPCs. had no problem apart from changing the actual look/skin of the npc. So i looked around, found lomimageviewer and some hh8 viewer, they both had multiple images of each npc which confused me.

So, which is the proper way to find a certain skin for an NPC?

Cheers ;)

edit: Also, can Liandrin NPCs be used with 2.3? if so, how :)

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
check ur pm's lol, oops just realised cant use l-npcs or any other l- wil file i think

Upvote 0

Hellbound

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 15, 2006
None of liandrins npcs are l-npc or l-wil files?

i really would like to get liandrins working :( they are perfect and hassle free

Upvote 0

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
all you do is remove the L- from the front of the wil file, just rename it then it will work.
if its for 2.3 only a number of the images will work as it needs to be coded in i think

if your doing npcs for ledu just put L- infront of the name, and the image numbers for ledu start at 1000 - make sure if its ledu you enable the reading of l-npc in the mirconfig for the client

and btw the reason you see multiple images is because the skin will have a static sequence (when the npc doesnt move) and an animated sequence(when it moves about waves its arms etc)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hellbound

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 15, 2006
all you do is remove the L- from the front of the wil file, just rename it then it will work.
if its for 2.3 only a number of the images will work as it needs to be coded in i think

if your doing npcs for ledu just put L- infront of the name, and the image numbers for ledu start at 1000 - make sure if its ledu you enable the reading of l-npc in the mirconfig for the client

and btw the reason you see multiple images is because the skin will have a static sequence (when the npc doesnt move) and an animated sequence(when it moves about waves its arms etc)

is there a way to find NPC skins with these static sequences?

Upvote 0

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
use hh8, open up the wil file and scroll through the images, image one will be for example an old woman in grey, the second image may be for example an old man in grey, the woman will be image1 the man will be image 2 and so on and so on, the animated sequence does confuse things a little but the best way is to go ingame and spawn an npc and try out different npc images as you spawn them and write them down what they look like image1 = old man etc etc

the command to spawn an npc is :

ile do an example

go ingame, where you stop when you spawn an npc will will appear infront of you

type @mobnpc test test 1 this is command npcname npctxtfile image
change the image number on the next one to @mobnpc test test 2 and up and up and up if your using liandrins npcs there are like 100's and liandrins has a jpg file with all the images and there corisponding image number there for you with the wil

to get rid of the npc stand infront of it, and face it and type @delnpc and it will be gone

its a longer way then using hh8 but it also allows you to see what images def work ingame and what ones dont.

incase people dont know the @mobnpc can be used to add a npc to a live server with no reboot required basicly what you do is add the txt file for the npc into the merchant file called for example 123-0
then go ingame infront of you will be where you want the npc type the following @mobnpc bob 123 1 ive used bob and 123-0 for an example then type @reloadnpc this will allow the npc to work, if the npc's txt file is not in the merchant folder it wont reload the script, you may have to reload twice to make the npc live

Last edited:
Upvote 0