Battlefield 4 or COD : Ghosts

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Well i've played both BF3 and all previous COD's 4 to current.

My experience is that BF3 is better for gameplay, especially long duration gameplay for up to at least 30 minutes per match.

COD is more of a short duration game, 10-15 minutes max per game. The gameplay is pretty ****, you always have an overpowered gun and the spawn points are always shitty meaning you can be camped by the other team if setup correctly making the game pointless.

I myself do prefer BF because of the gameplay but because of many past experience with COD i'm use to the controls used in COD making it harder for me to get into BF. Also some of the BF controls (flying jets and helicopters) is hard to get the hang of, i find the flight controls very sensitive.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I've played BF4, I have a few complains but they may get fixed later on.

When starting the game I always need to correct the video settings.
The game crashes on average every 2~4 hours.
Playing campaign I was blocked in by IRISH in a small box and had to restart that level :(

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK

Playing campaign I was blocked in by IRISH in a small box and had to restart that level :(
I wanted to play COD:Ghosts & BF4 at Gadget Show Live yesterday but they ID'd me and wouldn't let me in because i'm only 17 :'( I could see the COD gameplay from a distance though and it looked like normal. Graphics were a little better. Couldn't see map layout or any of the new features though.

Muffin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 14, 2005
United Kingdom

ahh yeah, been hearing that bf4 has some issues with crashes and disconnects.

---------- Post Merged at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I wanted to play COD:Ghosts & BF4 at Gadget Show Live yesterday but they ID'd me and wouldn't let me in because i'm only 17 :'( I could see the COD gameplay from a distance though and it looked like normal. Graphics were a little better. Couldn't see map layout or any of the new features though.

Just wondering which is best to get on PC, I'd buy both but just don't have the money to do so :(

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Ahaha i can't really help then :( I would be in the same situation as you lol. I like both for their own reasons.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
They're completely different games. If you liked BF3 then get BF4, if you want an arcade shooter, get CoD.

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
I got ghost and multiplayer is **** bo2 better and exctinction on ghost is kinda sick I am max lvl juet needs more maps

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
was expecting alot more from CoD with the new consoles landing and was left rather disappointed, from what iv seen the pc support has been terrible too (i didn't expect it too be good though if im honest, after all its iwnet this year around) .

I still haven't brought it, but will most likely give in and give activision my money once most of pc bugs are sorted (looks unplayable atm)

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
COD Ghosts Multiplayer was a let down, Extinction is a lot of fun with the right team, HATED Zombies. Campaign wasn't to bad but there's gonna be a squeal to ghosts. BO3 in the making from rumours
Loved BF3 multiplayer longest I spent in one match was around hour and half but this was down to low amount of people
Only played BF4 campaign very good visuals ending was a huge let down couple bugs here and there. It's the only game which has crashed on numerous occasions AC4 cashed once but I was ****ing around with the home screen which crashed the game while playing a movie scene and caused corrupted DATA.
Heard a lot of people having problems with the game not saving. All I've experienced is little glitches here and there.
Not tried Multiplayer completing all the campaign trophies first lolol but looking forward to the 64player matches

Last edited:

Porkpie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 8, 2010
Ghost was a pure let down black ops 2 is alot better

BF4 is very good few bugs still need fixing but on console its so much better with 64 ppl on the big maps (some time on bf3 32 ppl on server some time finding it hard to find ppl) on 64 on server all ways some one not 2 far away

---------- Post Merged at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Ghost was a pure let down black ops 2 is alot better

BF4 is very good few bugs still need fixing but on console its so much better with 64 ppl on the big maps (some time on bf3 32 ppl on server some time finding it hard to find ppl) on 64 on server all ways some one not 2 far away