Benny

smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeddicus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Benny, whats the ip for ur hosts WhIpLaSh plz, not the one bloon hosted but the one u said u had a host for? cus im bored outta ma bloody mind

StaLin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2004
zeddicus said:
Benny, whats the ip for ur hosts WhIpLaSh plz, not the one bloon hosted but the one u said u had a host for? cus im bored outta ma bloody mind

dunt think its up yet, also benny is out till 6 2night

Mundus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2004
Its not up yet, The router is being a *****, if anyone can help, pm me.

zeddicus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
theres a guide somewhere i think, to hosting through a router, sommat like u gotta allow the port through the router control or something.

COPY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2003
Bed Room
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8217&highlight=router+guide
or simple
ok, first thing, check if u can forward ports... if u can u can find out on another thread how to do it. ...

If u cant port forward its DMZ time lol .... all explained below as simply as a can make it im afriad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. U need to set-up a DMZ in your router, you do this by going into the router- type 192.168.1.1 in Internet explorer adress bar. Not sure where DMZ option located (depends on make of router) and set the DMZ to 192.168.1.50

2. Go to network connections on your computer, open it, select TCP/IP and click properties, from here you need to setup an static IP address, this is done by clicking th "Specify and IP" check button

3 Put in 192.168.1.50 as the static IP subnet mask will fill itself in. Then u need to go into your router again (see step one) and find all the DNS server info, this also needs to be entered. You do this by clicking the "advanced" button at the bottom of the IP information window where you just specifyed the IP. Click the DNS tab at the top and enter ALL the DNS Information.

4. The nesxt thing to do is to start the server up, using the server launcher programs enter 192.168.1.50 as the IP (this puts the correct IP in all files) and leave the 4 u need to change ready for editing.

5. Now you need to change these four files

5.1 In DBsrv200
Addrtable!
192.168.1.50 xx.xx.xx.xx <---- your NET IP

Serverinfo!
192.168.1.50 xx.xx.xx.xx 7200 (replace xxx with net IP)

6. Next go into Logsrv
Addrtable!;Server Title Remote Public Gates...
Oblivion Line1-7 192.168.1.50 192.168.1.50 xx.xx.xx.xx:7100 (replace xxx with net IP)

ServerAddr!
xx.xx.xx.xx <--- Net IP

This is as clear as i can make it and i hope it gets your server online, i KNOW this way works because i am running Oblivion server on this exact setup as we speak

Credit for this goes to IamDeath --- i just edited it and added a few things for simplicity!
from atoms post

zeddicus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
also shudnt u replace Oblivion with server name? and now ya have the walkthrough, get server up and post ip or add me to msn plz lol [email protected] cus irele wanna play

MasterSamurai

Well first of all, i ty to all of u trying to help him, just can every1 stop asking about when server is up?? just its really annoying him..... just wait for him to post that it is up plz.

zeddicus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
i wud stop asking, but i was told to quit the one that bloon was hosting cus ben's one wud be up v soon, but its not, all i want to kno is like a day when its gonna be up etc

Mundus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2004
The proper one, authorised by Kane him self, is indeed Up and working :)
Ive spend the last 5 Days tryign to sort my router, and Crystal helped me loads [thank you].

Jus Doing a few updates and fixes, and it will be out for all of you to play :)

R3mix.

Hate

Announcement!!! real whiplash up 212.159.119.226, all other versions are requested to be taken down now. *locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.