Best files to use now?

Join Discord

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
Not been around for a while but im back now, as topic asks what are the current best files to use?

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
The C# client is realllllly smooth.

But don't think the files are complete yet? Not sure how they are at the moment.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
C# are most smooth and user-friendly files but they are far from being even at 2.3 standards (and honstly i doubt they will ever be finished)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
^ ^ of course they'll get finished. They're open source so they'll keep being added on to by people until they're done. But if you're wanting a mir server to put live to the public today, then c# isn't for you.

If you want a mir server to just play about with you and your friends, then c# is great.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
C# are most smooth and user-friendly files but they are far from being even at 2.3 standards (and honestly i doubt they will ever be finished)

I am with Andreas on this... C# is a huge project and even if it does get to a 2.3 standard then you still run the risk of running into bugs/issues that had been weened out of the Delphi equivalent 8 years ago.

In terms of file sets... I would say that Ruby is still the most complete set of files available to the public, however, I also know that LCD has been working on C# and the other developer has been quiet for some time... So Ruby is good if you are after a static set of files that will potentially run out of dynamic content.

Heroes is usable and the source is open to download and make use of, however, the Heroes source isn't the most intuitive set of Delphi sources and is a lot harder to understand/be productive in versus a set that was built on top of DM2.

thedeath's 2.3 files are still floating around, not sure if anyone still uses them (besides maybe p69?).

I think Andreas has a set of 2.3+ files that he might be willing to except a "don-ation" for the work he has done on them...

AppleM2 (which is what Chronicles is built on top of) source is available, but there is very little in it compared to the other available files.

Finally there is GeeM2, which seems to be getting continuous updates from the guys in China, what it exactly offers is unconfirmed at the moment, but, from my brief look I would say nothing that the Heroes doesn't.

Hope this helps.

Sam

Reactions: Ellmo

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I'm just curious as to why people keep saying this? Whats your reasoning behind it?

Cheers

Dk

It's just missing a lot of core features people expect in a server (ie guilds, trading, 2.3 spells, sabuk wars etc)

I think you could happily run a server with these files, but for long term you really need a few more of the basic mmo features in first.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
It's just missing a lot of core features people expect in a server (ie guilds, trading, 2.3 spells, sabuk wars etc)

I think you could happily run a server with these files, but for long term you really need a few more of the basic mmo features in first.
I think guild's is one of the main features missing in the server files. To me mir is all about the community and team collaboration; not having guilds takes that element away. There is ways to overcome this with teamspeak and just grouping friends but it doesn't feel the same.

C# files can run a server for a long while if on appropriate settings (e.g. x2 or x3) but if it's anything higher the player will out level the ingame content (e.g. spells and so on)

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
I think guild's is one of the main features missing in the server files. To me mir is all about the community and team collaboration; not having guilds takes that element away. There is ways to overcome this with teamspeak and just grouping friends but it doesn't feel the same.

C# files can run a server for a long while if on appropriate settings (e.g. x2 or x3) but if it's anything higher the player will out level the ingame content (e.g. spells and so on)
Thanks guys!

From what i can make out C# is far from finished and isn't even upto 2.3 standard but runs smooth.

Heroes must be the best option for now then :/

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Thanks guys!

From what i can make out C# is far from finished and isn't even upto 2.3 standard but runs smooth.

Heroes must be the best option for now then :/

There isnt really an option.

All the files atm have their own share of limitations/bugs or easily exploitable areas.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
I am with Andreas on this... C# is a huge project and even if it does get to a 2.3 standard then you still run the risk of running into bugs/issues that had been weened out of the Delphi equivalent 8 years ago.

In terms of file sets... I would say that Ruby is still the most complete set of files available to the public, however, I also know that LCD has been working on C# and the other developer has been quiet for some time... So Ruby is good if you are after a static set of files that will potentially run out of dynamic content.

Heroes is usable and the source is open to download and make use of, however, the Heroes source isn't the most intuitive set of Delphi sources and is a lot harder to understand/be productive in versus a set that was built on top of DM2.

thedeath's 2.3 files are still floating around, not sure if anyone still uses them (besides maybe p69?).

I think Andreas has a set of 2.3+ files that he might be willing to except a "don-ation" for the work he has done on them...

AppleM2 (which is what Chronicles is built on top of) source is available, but there is very little in it compared to the other available files.

Finally there is GeeM2, which seems to be getting continuous updates from the guys in China, what it exactly offers is unconfirmed at the moment, but, from my brief look I would say nothing that the Heroes doesn't.

Hope this helps.

Sam

i got many sources and files :P
-got lemon source up to date (with lots of customisation available/new mobs/skills /features) only dissadvantage is that they don't run on sql(but i've built an database convertor for them:P)
-got td 2.3 source up to koreean standards + other unique/customisable stuff
-got ThreeHeroues/FourHerous latest source :P
and few older projects which are outdated by now

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
-got lemon source up to date (with lots of customisation available/new mobs/skills /features) only dissadvantage is that they don't run on sql(but i've built an database convertor for them:P)

How'd you get your hands on 3h/4h?

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
hax

actually the latest patches done on server (while hany was still on team) were done by me (coding)

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
-Good4u:P
Oh, and good4u:P

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

Its Lifco's minime lol

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

Then this would be the best set of files that might be potentially open if you peek Andreas's interest (unless he has unwritten commitment to the original 4h/3h team).

Sam

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Then this would be the best set of files that might be potentially open if you peek Andreas's interest (unless he has unwritten commitment to the original 4h/3h team).

Sam

Aye best set of files out, pity about the total mongs running it now.

They sucessfully managed to run a 5-6 year sucessful server brand into the ground in the space of 6 months.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
the source files he has of ours have quite a few backdoors coding in, so unless hes gone thro every bit of code and removed them all, i wouldnt advise using them w/o getting permission, cause you could very well spend time doing a server then get it taken down.

plus i wouldnt trust any source from andreas in the 1st place.

and from wot hanys told me its not the latest source