Big error, anybody help please ?

Join Discord

BrAp

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2008
Well yesterday i went on my pc all going good, log into msn and that usal then i get somthing people call the "Blue screen of death" i'm on vista home premium, i've been looking for a fix all morning and none of it work's anybody give me any help here please?

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Can be caused by putting new hardware in your comp also, try putting it on bare basics and see if it still comes up could be a hardware error or anything really, theres millions of causes.

BrAp

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2008
It was my ram :S ..... Took a gig of my ram out... and my pc hasnt crashed in like 30 hours..... wierd

mapadale

BOSD normally means a format and reinstall, unless you have a backup partition?

/Tomo
Go back and carry on shopping at pcworld cause youaint got a clue.

Can be caused by putting new hardware in your comp also, try putting it on bare basics and see if it still comes up could be a hardware error or anything really, theres millions of causes.

Not always hardware.

Load windows into safe mode if you are getting the BSOD all the time, in vista it has an error reporting system that will tell you exsactly what is causing the stop error and how to rectify it.

If it loads into windows and is a rare occasion for the BSOD, then check your windows error reporting in control panel.

As with the safe mode option, it reports what ahs caused the error and how to sort it.

Also, it would help if you posted the error code on the BSOD, it usually starts 0x0

this error will tell those of us what is wrong with it.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
Well yesterday i went on my pc all going good, log into msn and that usal then i get somthing people call the "Blue screen of death" i'm on vista home premium, i've been looking for a fix all morning and none of it work's anybody give me any help here please?

Have you rescently installed vista? if you have it is likely to do with hardware, vista is very funny and you may have some incompatible hardware such as a stick of RAM (the most common)

If not then possibly try to repair your registry,
system32 errors are common to blue screen problems,

Have you installed any software rescently that may be causing this?

Try and get a screenshot of what error message and code the blue screen is showing, is the error the same every time? if not then it is likely your registry is corrupt somewhere.

Also when is the blue screen displayed? at a specific point? or does it vary. Give us some info and i'm sure the problem will get sorted.

also whoever said BSOD means you have to reformat that is the biggest load of shizzle i have ever heard lol. You can get a BSOD just from pressing too many keys on your keyboard at once. Try not to give false info cuz the poor lad may have gone to format the system without needing to a losing any data.

Last edited: