Bizarre Virus Error

Join Discord

fleacaptain

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 25, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Well Since yesterday I can't play mir 3 at all since when I try to use the Launcher I get this weird error box saying I have a virus. Well I have tried disabling all the anti-spyware and antivirus things but it still appears. And just won't let me play mir 3 for any of the clients installed. Seems like the problem is only for Launcher.exe not for other exes. I have attached a pic of this error box. Please help :eek:

Attachments

• mir3g_virusattack.JPG
    mir3g_virusattack.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 35

Dr3AmScAp3

Banned
Banned
Veteran
its not a virus for starters.

Right I've found the easiest way to solve this is by installing the PRC lang packs. Its summat to do withe the coding of the launcher that after a certain period of time will start displaying this and won't allow you to connect. Installing the PRC tricks the launcher back into thinking its on a chinese system and runs again as normal.

This is also the same for the server files as well.

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
It's certain virus checkers don't recognise the chinese language in the launcher executeable and so default to the safe option and say it's a virus......bit like clothes when they say dry clean only, just incase ;)

Personally I'd get a better virus checker but installing PRC language pack according to the above works :)