Black screen

smoochy boys on tour

Buuuuun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2003
Im getting black screen but not even as far as char select. I get it straight away at login screen. The game has loaded as i can hear the music and if i move the mouse around it changes the the symbol when theres a text box, where i input username and password.

Upnp is disabled and all ip's are correct, any ideas please folks?

night

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 10, 2004
Brighton
Make sure the Reg ip is set to the Correct ip given in the Reg Setup post , Also if rungate didnt run already ... open the gate with the M2server

Upvote 0

omkron

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2003
Every1 keeps goin on about reg server's and tbh i have no idea what they are, and is it possible to use ur own? Does the 3in1.exe do the reg server? If so then i still need help with mine as mine goes black after charscreen but the 3in1.exe is running. :/

Upvote 0

DaBop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 14, 2003
York,England
Are the Reg Servers required for playing online or sumat? 'Cos atm I'm just messing around with the files offline, and I haven't been using a Reg Server, or the 3n1.exe, and have been getting in-game fine.

Upvote 0

Danny-B-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 16, 2004
The files are origonally coded to be a trial thing, they use a reg server that sends packets of info to the gamegate and the M2server, if the gamegate and M2server dont recieve the packets they refuse to work so ....

Some chinese guy made the 3IN1.exe to create the correct packets and send them at the correct time so you can bypass the real Reg server.

Some of the files that were up for download already point to someone else's 3IN1 server so it will work if their server is running.
AFAIK the reg has to run even if your working offline otherwise it wont work.

you can run your own server, but a few people had problems with it.
If you want to run your own reg server just change the IP in !setup.txt (right at the bottom under the [Reg] tag ) to point to your Lan IP as 3IN1.exe uses your LAN IP.

Upvote 0