Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
NewBlood said:
One thing and one thing only.

I dont play any server unless i play from day 1.

Make an exception! I could also get some of our friendly community to help you power level. You'll be good in no-time. :)

That applies to anyone, if you need help, I've got some cool people who just love to help out.

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
i dont do exceptions for one reason.

When i play a server i dont like being an ordanary player who follows his leader on hunts and crap. i like being the leader when i play a server i like to start from the begining so i have a chance to be the stronger or one of the strongest. it creates rivalry it creates fun and id have it no other way.

scottishhero

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 17, 2003
Glasgow, scotland
well my idea of good game play is where players are awarded for skillful play, you said to me earlier that all the weapons and neckies are available to buy.
My view on this is to make players kill hard bosses for rare items of all types, that way i get a lot of satisfation out of gaining rares for killing hard bosses. There are no rare weapons or neckies in this server, so i wont gain much satisfaction.

Just letting you know my feedback, im not saying server is poor, its most impressive, just trying to give you advice on improvements.

Ive not had much time to play. You can speak to me on msn just now if you wish.

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
scottishhero said:
well my idea of good game play is where players are awarded for skillful play, you said to me earlier that all the weapons and neckies are available to buy.
My view on this is to make players kill hard bosses for rare items of all types, that way i get a lot of satisfation out of gaining rares for killing hard bosses. There are no rare weapons or neckies in this server, so i wont gain much satisfaction.

Just letting you know my feedback, im not saying server is poor, its most impressive, just trying to give you advice on improvements.

Ive not had much time to play. You can speak to me on msn just now if you wish.

Well when I said 'all' I never meant all the secret rare ones. :O

You must be joking me! :) The storyline states that rings and braces were never sold via merchants as they thought that they brought bad luck, thus the Blood City administrator banned them from being sold. After the events of EvilMir, the rings were deemed cursed from the spirits of Hooradium, second devil of EvilMir.

Last edited:

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
I think its a great server personally but i can see why its too involved for most people because about 80% of people like simple servers which are easy to play etc, but im sure that if they tryed it, they would think it was great.

/Miles

DeathShadow

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2003
South Wales
The server is great, Everyone should try it.

It's totally different from all other mir servers around and its alot more fun than any server I've played for a while.

HeXor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2004
UK
im gona give it a shot down loading big client now. but when you reach lvl 20 what can you do?
is that the equivelant to a lvl 40 player normally, because u said the max lvl was lvl 20.

shinsu

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 11, 2003
downloads are too big, breaking them down does nothin u still have to waste the same amount of time to get it all :( personally i find it boring all servers that its very very hard or you cant get past 35 a no no, just dnt appeal to me.

p.s. all smallish servers usually have a friendly community cos u dnt get the losers that always join "the_mafia" on just bout every server....

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
You can't compare this server to any other server, there are 467 items, all done from scratch. Every map has been redisgned to allow a differnet gameplay, this is not Mir, this is like another game.

Blood Server's leveling system ends at 30, not 20. Every level up to 27 has atleast 5 items available for it. Having an extra level on this server is a major leap over anyone a level down from you. Thus being level 20, you have the power of a level 40+ on Mir, the items are nothing like Mir though.

Also don't make assumptions on Blood Server, it's nothing you've ever imagined it to be - that's why the people currently playing it like it so much, it's not the same old boring thing every over server offers. I'm awar the client is too big, but we've made the exe available to download sepearate, we've simply changed practiclly every files there is with the game.

Last edited:

Turtle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2003
in a box
i didnt like that as well got to lvl 12 in around 30 secs
then its like lets not level for a month exp was that slow, was alot of detail put in tho (didnt like the over all way leveling was done just) like i watched a lvl 16 kill a lvl 21 :S

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
You can't get experience very fast from events, but the experience is consistant. Also the level 16 beating a level 21, was sorted out 3 days ago. That stuff can no longer happen, in theory anyway. If you went through the game solo with a pet, the experience would be conistant up to 20. At level 12 you can gain experience very fast if you get a pet, or another person and go to Corrupted-Bichon. ;)

Smiler2004

I think the reputation is the only reason why i wouldn't play it :(

/Smiler

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
Atleast try it out? We've improved so much over the previous Blood Servers, infact we've learnt from out mistakes - something a lot of servers can't admit doing.

Atleast try it out with the exe - which is available from site.

shinsu

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 11, 2003
face it true, people just dont like the way your server is for many different reasons.

mrj6000

download status:
time taken: 20 minutes
%=1
estimated time left: 5 hours...
i reeli cba to wait that long, can it just run with the client?

EDIT: it should work with client... htf do i get it to work tho. i have same problem with all server exe. loads up, and is exactly the same as it would b on the version i use...

Last edited:

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
Mrj6000 said:
download status:
%=1

EDIT: it should work with client... htf do i get it to work tho. i have same problem with all server exe. loads up, and is exactly the same as it would b on the version i use...
I dont know if you noticed but theres a "Small Patch" aswell. And like most things, it does what it says on the tin.

Im on 56k and i managed to download the small patch in 15-20mins. And it was worth the download time just to exprience the new play type.

Also, forget everything about BS1 and BS2. Think you have never heard of BloodServer before, then try it out. I asure you that you will find it enjoyful.

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
shinsu said:
face it true, people just dont like the way your server is for many different reasons.

Okay, my name is not 'true'; my name is ADM.

mrj6000

w00t?!? :S telling me incorrect ip address after telling me "Welcome to blood server III"

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
Mrj6000 said:
download status:
%=1

If you download the 3.1 exe from the downloads page on www.bloodserver.co.uk, then you should be able to get into game - not much to see though. Also it helps if you have the Prajna Tiles/Maps/Objects.

IP addess is in my signature. :P

mrj6000

i have the exe and the prajana tiles n that. and the ip is correct. still tells me that tho!