Brainskan 2.3+

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
I am proud to announce that i have started work on my third edition to the Brainskan series.

Brainskan 2.3 with be very simular to the 1.9 edition. Although it will be 99% bug free and hopefully have that extra "wow" effect to it. I plan to bring you a storyline based server, full of challenges and suprises, thats as far from euro as you can imagine, whilst keeping the effect that mir creates.

Using many of the monsters and caves from 1.9 although adding the latest monster looks to keep an up to date feel about the server. I plan to create most of the maps used ingame to add axtra origionality to the game and the story line will continue from the 1.9 story line (see below).

Basic Statistics:
Levelling: Low/Mid
Stats: Low
Drops: Low

Info on statistics:
Although being a fan of high rate servers myself, i come to notice that many high rate servers are currently running or plan to be running in the near future. Rather than competing for players, i'll take on you low rate fans to save the competition. I also feel low rate is more rewarding when you do level as i can add more rewards per level etc.

Info on Features:
I plan to release brainskan with all the features i had intended for the 1.9 version plus more. Although i have little time to invest in learning delphi, theres so much you can do with script based features, i intend to keep you busy whilst you play.

Features:
Levelling Arenas: Those of you that played Brainskan 1.9 will already know about these. Overall there are 3 arenas, you will be able to enter the arenas based on your level. They are based on the arenas taken from old school euro mir (LowLevelArena, MidLevelArena and Slave Cave). Although instead of slave cave we have HighLevelArena. Each arena has unique monsters and different boss's that spawn every few hours.

Gem Crafting: In euro mir your used to the whole mining platinum to create gems etc. In Brainskan you enter the dwarven mines in search of Essences and many other valuables that the walls contain.

Hidden Areas: I plan for many hidden areas within the game. Whether you have to do a quest to enter the area, or simply just a bit through the wall you can run in to find new caves. This way aswell as updates i will be introducing to the server, you will be stumbling across hidden caves and areas that you never knew existed.

Sabuk Wall: I plan for there to be high demand for sabuk wall in brainskan. You will be able to access sabuk village, which has its own unique caves and temples.

Professions: Upon starting brainskan you will be able to choose a profession. To start with, you will have a choice of 3, as time goes on i will update more professions into the game.
  • Black Smith - Educate yourself into the arts of crafting metal. You will be able to create new weapons that are specifically for blacksmiths. You will be able to imbue normal weapons to add extra stats. Rumours have it that the most skillful of blacksmiths can even investigate into forgotten arts such as living metal, crafting creatures out of iron that will fight by your side.
  • Leather Worker - Leather workers will be talented in the art of armour making. This includes belts, hats, shoes and of course normal armour. They will also be able to create patches, when sewn onto an armour increasing its strength. They say talented leather workers can use hides from magical creatures to create armours with magical abilities.
  • Alchamist - Alchamists brew potions that are helpful for all occasions, whether its just brewing potions to raise health or brewing potions to increase strength by huge ammounts. Some say the most talented of alchamists can make people dissapear completely.
Completely new feel -
I plan to completely remake the item database to add origionality, also using bare minimal monsters from euro mir, although i will keep the server balanced.

Latest Wil files - I know everyones impressed when new monsters or items are seen within a server, so this is what i intend to do. I've started putting together a client using the latest monsters, items and such like to help to effect of origionality i wish for brainskan to create.

Elven Times - You can collect your copy of the Elven Times once a week from the paperboy whos found in the main town. This is a newspaper that will keep you updated on all events, updates and other random stuff ingame. I may even hire a few reporters who can scout me some stories ingame.

Player/GameMaster Relationships - I hope to keep a good relationship with my players and keep rumours such as curruptness to a minimal. There will be a section devoted to bugs and ingame problems on our forums which will be up shortly, all bugs or problems posted on forums will be dealt with, although i cant make any promises if you pm me or other GMs whilst ingame.
I also plan for minimal GMs to avoid bias and curruption ingame. If i choose any other GMs on release it shall be close friends that i can trust.

Host Infomation:
I will not be investing towards a dedicated server on release due to the fact i cant be sure on the popularity of the server. Although if the server becomes popular and its clear to me its nessersary, i will be paying out towards a dedicated server so that you guys can play free of lag.

Extra Infomation:
Theres not an ETA so please do not ask for one. The server will not be rushed and i plan to release once i am 100% satisfied, from previous experiences ive learnt that the smallest bug can completely ruin a server.

A little History lesson-

Before the time of man there where three brothers, the founders, the creators and the designers of the land of Mir. Firstly the great god Forlan created the flowers, the rivers and the air that we breathe. He put the sharpness in the air, the warmth of the setting sun. Next Defian created the creatures of the land of Mir. He created their personalities, their habits, their need to feed and reproduce.
The third brother Azron, the smallest and the most mentally deformed, obtained much weaker powers than his brothers, for this he despised them. He was jealous of the beautiful world they had made. Out of spite he cursed the lands of Mir, making monsters roam the lands till the end of time, slaying any human that crossed their path.
The other two brothers where furious of their little brothers lame attempt to ruin their creation. In response they set out working new genes into the race of man. Genes that would allow the occupant to you magic, to have superhuman strength. Firstly they created the Taoist, in touch with nature, the power to protect animals and humans alike. Secondly the mage, powerful with the elements, wielding magic to defeat his foes. Thirdly the Warrior, skilled with physical attacks, with super human strength.
The war between the humans and monsters raged on for hundreds of years. As skilled as the humans became the monsters would just spawn back as soon as they where slayed. As time went bye, the human race became less and less.
1200 years later one village remains, he only defence being cliffs that surrounded the village. Great fighters fought back the countless attacks against the village. They are the last stand against Azron’s minions, the last hope of saving the human race.

Story Line-

The downfall of Elven City came as a great blow to the Elves and Humans alike. The once great city lay in ruins, the streets lined by bodies and the cries could be heard no more. Once great heroes walked the cities and the melodies of the elven musicians filled the air. But now the town was patrolled by beasts, a silance drawn across the city like a vale.
The survivors from the great city had fled to the elvish holy land. A land where elven preists worshipped their gods and payed tribute to the dead. Monsters would not dare cross these lands, the priests where taught in powerful elven magic. They knew the holy lands would not be attacked untill Azron himself came to join the battle.
What had become of Azron was unknown. The scouts that where sent to his palace before the attack on Elven City had never returned and news was hard to come by in such evil times. Azrons forces had covered the western and southern parts of the world, whilst the giants still protected their homes in the northern parts of the world and the Elves defended the eastern.
Few are left to fight the battle, but hope is not lost. We must look to other races to join the battle, it will not be long before Azrons forces venture into the mines of the Dwarves, which im sure they will not be best pleased about. We can hope the Dwarves will come to our assistance. The Elves seem faithful in their gods, they have not shown mercy apon us yet, but we must respect their beleifs and take any help we can get. We must also hope Azrons forces disturb older creatures that live in myths and legends, such as the powerful elementals that once walked the earth, the fire dwellers and ice maidens.
The war is not yet over...

I like to work solo, so i probably wont take anyone up to help me with the server and if i do it will be someone i know and that has experience with files.

Although i enjoy working solo, my eyes are still open for an experienced coder that is willing to put some time into a couple of ideas i have that could work well with the server.

Website and forums annouced soon.
Story line in progress.
Further updates posted soon.
Screenshots posted soon.

Last edited:

nettim2k

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2006
sounds good,the last brainskan server,do we still get our chars/items etc bk or is it wiped?

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Im afraid its wiped.

Although this Brainskan will have a whole new feel to it, hopefully less buggy and more interesting.

snagglepus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2006
phat 1.9 server was greate 2.3 gona be sweet.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Wickid the 1.9 one owned i will defo give this ago when its up :D:D:D:D:D:D