Bringing mir to the xbox

smoochy boys on tour

yukatree

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 27, 2009
Ok so ive been working on rewriting mir into xna for the live arcade, and thought this would be a good place to talk about ideas and how to approach some of mirs mechanics.
Ive put about 4 months into it so far and used its beta for my first year project at uni.
Any input apricated il post a link to a vid of it or somthing.

yuka

Grinch

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 30, 2008
Why not and for PS2, or cellphone? C'mon man!:tongue1:;) I want LOM for my Nokia (who cost 35 euro):brows:

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Sounds very impressive however i dread to think the lack of graphics it would have compared to other x box games.

Good work anyway keep us updated and posted!

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Have you got yourself a engine ?

I know with the heroengines its possible to get the plugs/scripts to make them run on consoles.

It would never really be mir and you would need to build it from scratch, but you could get a game very like mir in 3d with time

Iam sure this was talked about about 1 or 2 years ago not sure if anyone really tryed to do it tho

Good luck anyways

lif

yukatree

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 27, 2009
im building it totaly from scratch, i thought i would think tht about the graphics zen but i only recently been uploading it to my xbox,and they look quite polished on it.
ive got a video capture thing i made awhile ago were can i upload it, its on my facebook my names lee brown.
pallet.png

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
interface could do with some work, but other then that goodwork

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
looks ok but uve stil got a hell of a lot of work to do before u can even call it a game lol... like years if its just u coding.

its impressive but i wouldnt expect ne thing to come of it

sorry if that sounds negative? its impressive, im just sayin i doubt it'll ever become a proper game lol

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
looks ok but uve stil got a hell of a lot of work to do before u can even call it a game lol... like years if its just u coding.

its impressive but i wouldnt expect ne thing to come of it

sorry if that sounds negative? its impressive, im just sayin i doubt it'll ever become a proper game lol

well he did say its a project for uni so why not, dont think he will care how much intrest it'll attract I for 1 would give it ago.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
no im sayin, there will probably never be any "giving it ago" cause it'll probably never become a finished project, there would be so much work to do lol

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
no im sayin, there will probably never be any "giving it ago" cause it'll probably never become a finished project, there would be so much work to do lol

Well that could be true as there has been people saying "I'm working on this, that, this an that" an they never get finished.
Almost like what some guy was doing with Savage Eden emulator he got so far into it then the project died never to be seen from ever again.

Lets see how long yukatree will stick with this.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
:) looking good to be honest. If you can accomplish that, you deserve a pat on the back. Imagine mir on the x-box :) woot. But yeah like mentioned, It would take looots of work :P and are their actually enough buttons on xbox to handle the way mir plays?

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Man imagine that **** typing just argue over the head sets, good ****ing times