Bringing mir to the xbox

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House
the best thing i think about this is, its mir on the xbox so i can get a decent tv on it instead of a crappy pc screen,
and that you wont have to pay for ventrillo to chat to ppl if u have the xbox 360 headset lol

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
the best thing i think about this is, its mir on the xbox so i can get a decent tv on it instead of a crappy pc screen,
and that you wont have to pay for ventrillo to chat to ppl if u have the xbox 360 headset lol

you can do that already I use my 32" tv at times when on pc.

LiamMc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 21, 2008
u lot do know u can plug a usb keyboard into ur xbox ye ?

And ben u just put negativity on anything but your own servers.

Orphanmaker1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 9, 2009

If you look at how EQOA worked on the PS2 then it works really well. You could either plug in a USB keyboard or press a button to bring up a "virtual keyboard", which was slow, but allowed you to type by selecting letter after letter. Chat modes were changable both via pressing a series of buttons or by pressing Start (main menu) and selecting it like that.

i.e. L2 (brings up a menu at top of screen), up, left, down = change to group chat mode. Straight forward and easy to learn so you can change modes quickly.

I always had loads more fun playing that than any PC mmorpg because you could lie on the sofa and play lol.

And yes, Bon does nothing but fill the forum with negativity.

edit: oh and skills were changeable simply by pressing up the directional keys to browse through the skills you have set, and 'O' was to cast, the bar in the top right corner was ur skill list, think the max number of spells at 1 time was 12 though. I believe that would work better than the way you've been thinking...

found a couple of screens to show:

2zt9ame.jpg

2zzhs7c.jpg

Last edited:

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Lol, i've played WoW with an xbox controller, very successfully, and you're all wondering how it's going to work with mir?

As westy said, button combinations.

By the way: Yes, you can plug a USB keyboard into an Xbox, but you can only use it for typing. Not gaming.

Very good work yuka, nice to see an original idea being produced.

Last edited:

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
think ur missing the point tho... mir is meant for the PC, not the xbox lol.

i dont think mir would stand a chance on xbox, would bea bigger fail than USA mir lol

Don't be scared of change, leave him be if he wants to do it stop trying to force your negativity on to people.

Looks really good, as people have said really ambitious but sounds quality, the only thing would be the typing......but imagine it on their new xbox controller (Or lack of) be mental fun

yukatree

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 27, 2009
Not much been happening with the project, sorting the sprite sheets is very time consuming, im liking alot of the idea's, especially to do with the controls.
I'll post some more screenies or i think ill do a little demo video.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Don't be scared of change, leave him be if he wants to do it stop trying to force your negativity on to people.

Looks really good, as people have said really ambitious but sounds quality, the only thing would be the typing......but imagine it on their new xbox controller (Or lack of) be mental fun

You dont need to type on x box`s you talk with the head set (Y)

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Yeah, tis really, i would fooking love it if you managed to get it on that motion sensor controller.........lol imagine that ****!

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
16 Spells is easly doable. Now on the controller you have X Y B A, thats 4, Now lets say you could hold down right trigger, and X Y B A become a set of new spells, thats 8, now lets say you hold down left trigger, X Y B A become new spells, thats 12, and you could do the same with the right button thing to have another 4 to make 16.

Beat me to it, though I was thinking of both triggers being held down in addition to pressing X, Y, B, A (think about a Tao's bless - Only used a few times an hour, if that, so although it's a bit awkward, it's not a big issue as it wouldn't be used during fights where you can't stop)... Bloody hell, 20 keys on Mir, epic stuff for if you get the 2.6 spells on there.

There's a name I've not seen in a while. ^^ Also beat me to it (wish I'd seen this thread sooner :x), keyboard could easily be used for typing (some people hate speaking online, each to their own), meaning you could type for general chat, and have the option of speaking OR typing for group chat and possibly guild chat too? Even if it's limited to the 8 that was mentioned earlier, that's still like 90% of the use that voice chat provides (very nice for when in a group vs group fight and you need to tell people what is happening where etc).

All in all it obviously needs polishing, but if you get it done, REALLY good work, great to see someone thinking (pardon the pun) outside of the box and moving on to consoles. Even if it never becomes a fully working version of Mir, that's an accomplishment to be proud of that would get your name put in Mir history. :P

Blizzard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 3, 2005
Would it be 2d or 3d?? because it would be hard for it to be a 2d game as it is at the minute.. because the mouse cursor would be really awkward on an xbox... and the movement would not be as quick...

Plus imagine pvping as a warr on it aswell if it was 3d how cool would that be haha :)

Sorry to put abit of negativity into thread but i would think Blizzard would of already thought bout putting WoW onto xbox or ps3....

wargod

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2006
i wish you the best with this and bon is that your million negative comment on someone else thread....

pwnage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 17, 2006
to play mir u need acess to 16 spells at a time, its not doable on an xbox.
see this is were u fail , u can play wow with a 360 control , u wud just use like a x y b is it? cant remember lol then u use the triggers and buttong to swap from 1-4 5-8 9-12 13-16 proplem solved.