Budget graphics card

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands
This is a CAD/Workstation graphics card, its designed around and focuses on 3d software, maya, autocad etc.. and if i'm correct can perform slower to its gaming counterpart due to it being tuned for 3d rendering software not gaming. Not to mention they cost a bomb! Why would they make Gaming PC's and CAD/Workstation PC's if they were identical .

Whilst it is true that top end gaming cards actually mostly outperform workstation cards if you'd build a 4k setup a workstation card can actually manage the work better since it has enough memory to take on the massive textures at 3840x2160

there are also people that use workstation's to just put together a sick gamepc excluding the workstation videocards and using gaming cards for the gpu side somthing around aventum ii i think it was.

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
Nvidea GTX 660 ... best 80 quid I have ever spent. plays mir at 60fps cap no matter what situation I am in. I can also play Battlefield on ultra setting at a push but get a steady 60+ fps on high settings which is more than playable. I however did need to buy a Power supply. picked one up for 45 quid 600W. My whole PC only cost me 480 quid.

Its amazing what you can find on ebay. My card was in a benchmark testing machine and only used for 12 hours, Got a huge 50 quid discount on it.