[C# Files] Apocalypse Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryH

On the bandwagon
Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
I wont be available for beta, signature is purely for support :)

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Please advertise our server in your signature for 3 weeks to not be chosen for beta.

Helping to advertise regardless of if you get selected for beta or not is still beneficial for yourself and everyone else if it means a healthy player count. The vast majority of people wanted to 'test' wont do that. Theyll take the opportunity to try the game before everyone else with no interest on actually testing stuff.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Please advertise our server in your signature for 3 weeks to not be chosen for beta.

As mentioned in the posts above, not only are you advertising to support the server. You are also attempting to try and get into a Beta. I really think this is the fairest and most productive way we can get Beta players chosen.

-Apocalypse Team

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
Completely random selection is a bad idea, you should pick a number of people who you know/think will be solid testers and add the randomers after that. Otherwise nothing will actually get tested as much as it should.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Completely random selection is a bad idea, you should pick a number of people who you know/think will be solid testers and add the randomers after that. Otherwise nothing will actually get tested as much as it should.

This is not incorrect, but at the same time. We feel strongly that the files are almost perfect. So this Beta is more of a formality and a 'insurance card' for us rather than helping us to find bugs. I'm sure there will be little bits that need sorting, but nothing the normal player cannot find.

I also think a fair way to choose players is important, the last thing we want to do is start our server of by essentially saying we only care about the 'hard-core' players.

-Apocalypse Team

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
When you release the date for going live you do realise it is going to be attacked by the same people that attack every server that looks decent.

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
Edited because i may not have been asking the correct questions..

Could we get a list maybe of the new spells and their purpose for balancing (as you say in the original post)

The warrior line of sight spell that looks like the assasin one for example. I dont see what its purpose is? Is it meant solely for pve? Seems bit slow to be even considered in pvp? Are these new spells going to make certain classes even more overpowered when it comes to both pve and pvp?

A list of new spells and what they do may even be something your in the process of doing and if so i dont mean to push for it just thought id ask.

Last edited:

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
Ahh go on then , lets give this a whirl see what the hype is about

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Edited because i may not have been asking the correct questions..

Could we get a list maybe of the new spells and their purpose for balancing (as you say in the original post)

The warrior line of sight spell that looks like the assasin one for example. I dont see what its purpose is? Is it meant solely for pve? Seems bit slow to be even considered in pvp? Are these new spells going to make certain classes even more overpowered when it comes to both pve and pvp?

A list of new spells and what they do may even be something your in the process of doing and if so i dont mean to push for it just thought id ask.

All Spells and descriptions will follow alongside the website before beta.

- Apocalypse Team

Tyga

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 14, 2014
can you confirm weather the new spells will be in drops from day one? or will they come from later patches

Last edited:

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
can you confirm weather the new spells will be in drops from day one? or will they come from later patches

Good Questions.

All spells advertised are already in drops, and some of the spells are not overly high level so will be quite common.

We have 3 new spells for each class already in drops and 2 new spells for each class ready for 2 new expansions.

This is exactly the same with caves/quests and other new exciting content.

There are two complete new patches ready to go from when the current content is getting near 'Complete'

Saying all of this, the amount of new content there is to play with from the beginning is huge. But we decided to make sure we had two huge patches ready to go, so that from now, up until the server needs more content, we can spend time working on anything that may need adjusting in the current content.

I hope this clears things up

-Apocalypse Team

HarryH

On the bandwagon
Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
Keep those patches locked away for the opportune moment! People get greedy when they know there's stuff available which isn't ingame.

Tyga

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 14, 2014
Refreshing to hear that you've planned for the future, already!

Thanks for the response. Hopefully I'll get in beta, cant wait to get my teeth stuck in!

Status
Not open for further replies.