can't connect to my own server :/

Join Discord

brandon93131

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2008
hi i when i try to connect to my server it gets to char screen and cuts off but other ppl can get on fine i got told that i need a loopback connecting for this so i did some research but all i came p with was kaori's way to do it with static ip but my ip type is dynamic any1 help plz im using a belkin router but not wireless its connected though Ethernet cable

Last edited:

brandon93131

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2008
ip stays the same unless i leave comp off for a certain amount of days since am on it everyday its stays the same i looked on ipconfig/all and it sez that my ip will renew in 2038 lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
So it's not so dynamic.
And about your router. What brand/model is it? Does it already support loopback? You don't need to setup loopback if you are not planning to play on LAN.

Upvote 0

brandon93131

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2008
my router is Belkin F5D7231-4 and no am playin on WAN but if i don't need loopback how do i connect coz i get to char screen thn it just sez connection terminated tried it on diff comp and on host did same thing

Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
my router is Belkin F5D7231-4 and no am playin on WAN but if i don't need loopback how do i connect coz i get to char screen thn it just sez connection terminated tried it on diff comp and on host did same thing

no loopback = can't play on host or lan

Upvote 0