CD Ripping Trouble

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Well folks, my girlfriend very kindly got me Placebo - Once more with feeling, bless her.

I've just got one problem. I can't rip the tracks to MP3....with ANYTHING. I have tried every documented trick I know. Disable autorun, CD Image dumping, error correction ripping, the lot. Nothing gives me a clean audio rip.

Has anyone else got this CD and successfully ripped it?

What I *do* know, is that it's protected by the CDS-200 system, designed by Macrovision. It includes an application for playing the music, which converts the music in real time. There are a total of 20 tracks on the disk, 19 are the music tracks, 1 data track. I know that the music tracks are corrupted, and that the player somehow fixes the deliberate errors in the tracks.

Any help appreciated.

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
more of these. use windows media player or itunes they both work fine, if they fail use alcohol120% which is just for copyright protected cd's of i remember right

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
steve said:
more of these. use windows media player or itunes they both work fine, if they fail use alcohol120% which is just for copyright protected cd's of i remember right

See, normally this is where I decide to quote myself in a really pretty way, with lots of colours.

But hey, it's christmas. I don't feel the need to repeat myself, after all. Though when I say "I have tried every documented trick I know", you can be pretty sure that includes both Windows Media player AND Alcohol 120%.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
if its one of the sony artists they added spyware material and such to block it from being burned.........

My best guess to rip it would be to urm.......

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i know itunes always works. but i highly doubt thats something ull want to use. doesnt let you change it to an mp3 but it lets u listen without cd ofcourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.