CD-Writter help !! ><

smoochy boys on tour

seifer997

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
Hi all,

I got a HP CD-Writter Plus 7500 series but i lost the install CD now i d/led a driver but for sum reason it wont write any CD it picks it up on but just wont write any CD pls help ppls ><

unrealhippie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
seifer997 said:
i lost the install CD
just keep on searching and if you cant find, tell us if its external or internal (outside or inside pc case) and if we cant find a driver, see if HP will send you one, there nice people, when you scream at them :D

seifer997

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
ok well its external n that driver dont seem 2 work dont think i'll try once more but do u know any others??

[ade]

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 30, 2003
Operating System

e.g. Windows 98, MacOS X and so on

seifer997

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
ohh ok lol

Windows 2000 pro
u need 2 know my RAM n etc?

seifer997

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
nah there aint no reason really just had it ages but i dont wonna lose all the stuff i got on my pc now or does all of it get took over?? but also i dont wonna pay for windows XP so does any1 know where i can get it free??

Ty
Seifer

unrealhippie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
getting XP for free is seriously illegal, if they detect, they sometimes, literally brake you hard drive. meaning you need a new one :(, for price of h/d you can get XP (well big h/d)

[ade]

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 30, 2003
I don't want to say that I don't trust your reliable sources, but I'm pretty sure that physically breaking a piece of your hardware is near impossible, aside from the fact it's illegal and would land microsoft in even deeper **** than they're already in.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
unrealhippie said:
getting XP for free is seriously illegal, if they detect, they sometimes, literally brake you hard drive. meaning you need a new one :(, for price of h/d you can get XP (well big h/d)

seriously illegal.....remember where u r lol. and i use many versions of illegal microsoft software and what u just described as litterally breaking a machines hdd is a rumor so such security device exists or is being even thought of on a serious level. as for losing ur data, i assume ur hdd has some free space on it so u could just download partition magic 7.0 or higher and partition ur hdd into 2 sections, one with ur data and one consisting of freespace. with that freespace u could install xp on it and dual boot between 2k and xp. if u need any addition help including aquiring these things feel free to msn me [email protected] or [email protected]

unrealhippie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
[ade] said:
I don't want to say that I don't trust your reliable sources, but I'm pretty sure that physically breaking a piece of your hardware is near impossible, aside from the fact it's illegal and would land microsoft in even deeper **** than they're already in.

yes it does happen, happened to a friend, its a file that perminantly corrupts your harddrive, it is useless from there on in, and as you sign go knows how much when you buy XP, you probably sign to somthing like "if im doing something illegal, microsoft can **** my computer - please put an "x" here - x" you can upgrade to XP home for I think about £70 which isn't bad at all

seifer997

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
nah i got it for free of a m8 that copied his xp CD installer thingy lol but thnxs every1 for ur help oh n btw wen i was running on 2k i got that illegally 2 so there aint no big diff :bannana:

unrealhippie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
I wouldn't be too :bannana: , because if microsoft find you, your dead (or your machine). Always buy microsoft, the genuine article, your OS is the most important part of your pc.

[ade]

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 30, 2003
A file cannot 'corrupt' a hard disk.
There are no software commands to break your hardware.

Microsoft aren't even bothered about chasing up home users, it's not worth the effort or expense.

LeoCrasher

A hard disk can be damaged beyond repair by a file? Wtf do you think FDISK and Format does?

...Then the high level and lowlevel format programs.

Its possible... but Microsoft wouldnt do it. *whistles with XP*.

/Leo