cd338: taming speed and number of mobs

derwisz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2005
Poland
hi
i hope it is not hexing matter and could be changed somewhere in crueldragon3g.exe
1. how can I change speed of taming mobs?
2. how can I change max numeber of mobs that player could tam.

thx

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
in older serverengines it always been hardcoded into the server exe which could be hexed then but CD files are packed so u cant hex them those making it impossible to change these things :/

Upvote 0

derwisz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2005
Poland
well, question to any crueldragon PtW GM - does your wizard players use taming? do you see wizards with two mobs? in my server it is practically dead spell
what was your solutions to that?
thx

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
well, question to any crueldragon PtW GM - does your wizard players use taming? do you see wizards with two mobs? in my server it is practically dead spell
what was your solutions to that?
thx

Easy, change the mobs they can Tame so they are worth having. Yes I agree that a Wizzy will not bother with taming esp when they can rent a Mob in one click. On Mir2 P2P for example you could not rent any mobs, only Tame - Mir3 Ruined this by allowing renting of mobs. Out of all the spells they have anyhow, the crap one (inc this) will get discarded along the way and not worth worrying about.

Upvote 0

derwisz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2005
Poland
hmm i spent some time to test it and thing is weird:
1. taming worked well few weeks ago
2. someday it went wrong - as I had tones of issues and been away for a while, problem was nearly forgotten
3. today i tested spells and:
stunning switch off trained over lvl 4 (5 and above)
stunning of 40lvl (30MR) mob for 255 lvl gm, with refine 7 1000, etc takes years, players the same
stunning of 30lvl (10MR) mob takes 45lvl player with average mn 3-4 hits :/, gm 45 lvl the same
other spells like teleport, repulsion not mentioning offensive spells - work up to 255 lvl
anyone had sth like this?
data for stunning in db are ok, cd3g.ini from months ago is untached...
i will search for my change that could cause it but if anyone had seen sth similiar - please let me know :)
any clues will be rewarded with integrals and river of gold :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
eshock(stunning) seems to be bugged from around lvl48+ since JoB servers and also in CD
make a mob which is tameable from lvl 48 (set moblevel 50 and tameable) then try tame it lol..all below this levels seems to work ok though
also stunninglevel nor mc doesnt matter here

Upvote 0

derwisz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2005
Poland
yeah, but i'm talking about pets ~40lvl which were easy to stun month ago and now not.
i wonder what i messed to affect that (db and ini ok)

Upvote 0

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
eshock(stunning) seems to be bugged from around lvl48+ since JoB servers and also in CD
make a mob which is tameable from lvl 48 (set moblevel 50 and tameable) then try tame it lol..all below this levels seems to work ok though
also stunninglevel nor mc doesnt matter here
You can't tame mobs over a certian level because they can sometimes be considered a subboss or too hard of a mob to use in other places.

Upvote 0