Character Name Already Exists..

Satchmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2004
Gods County
Afternoon Guys,

When I delete a character from my character screen, and then later try to recrate another character which uses the same name, it says 'Name already exists'.

Is there a way to sort this?

Where is the Character info stored? I tried looking in mir.db but it failed with an error when i opened it.

Has anyone worked this one out?

TIA

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
lol it always done that :P even with real mir, because if someone wants to restore their character and sum1 has chose that name after they deleted it then there's a problem. you can restore it if u want?

Satchmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2004
Gods County
kk Thanks for the quick answers guys. How do you do a char restore? Must admit Ive never done one. :-/

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
use dbsrv and it has sum tools search for ur character and click un delete or sumin u shud be able to understand it easy enough

Satchmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2004
Gods County
ok... Tried a couple of restores but the chars dont appear back in the accounts char screen. Even tried a server reboot but still not there.

Satchmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2004
Gods County
think so... clicked on 'record tools' of DBR
entered character name...
came up as being deleted.
Highlighted Char
slected undelete
confimred that i wanted to do this...
char still not there :-(

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
well ive restored my character on my own server loads ;) and other ppls :P and worked fine for me

justified

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 9, 2003
all you need to do is find char name and press undelete and he should return.always worked for me.