Chinese .WIS Files

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Me and Gadget have been working on cracking these files for the past week as I couldnt find anything in the Chinese community and Azura said he had a viewer but not anymore.

Was a tricky one to break but we eventually got it in the end.

Next step we have to find a convenient way to export the data (as there is a lot) and also add support into the source files for them.

I dont know what is new in these files apart fromt he Hum images for the new magic skills.

But regardless anything released into .WIS format from China can be accessed now.

35370990.jpg

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Excellent work,

doing alot for mir kyn, will be amazing when those new spells finally find their way into a set of files.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
if he manages to release them we wanan try get them ingame on fourheros, they are too good not to add rly

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Yeah thats the best way, atleast that way they will be introduced into decent servers that take the time to code them.

Rather if they was released already coded, their would be 50 crappy servers with them.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Me and Gadget will discuss the best way to release, we are unsure atm prob be in wils
release em as wils ... altho its alot of work transferin, maybe they would be best kept as .wis and just releasin the code for .wis support?

u should code in 1 of each class spells in and do some videos! :P

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
na they are new... but none of them seem to be the right way up, they are all on their side?

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
na they are new... but none of them seem to be the right way up, they are all on their side?

i thought that too, but i came to the conclusion it could be the up angle, as mir has 8 angles.

still.. it looks weird at that angle

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
yer true im guessin uve just taken 1st image from each bit.. as 1st angel is always facin upwards isnt it

Gadget

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Aug 3, 2006
Kyn,

I thought you would have posted on here ;) You couldn't containt the excitement could you =)

I didn't get chance to chat much last night but I have some ideas on how to speed the export up - I will talk to you later.

Last edited:

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Ive done the smaller ones so far, i tried using just the TBitmap and its quicker but the placements output is carnage as each placement has its own file and when you have 70,000+ hum/weapon images :(

stephenking

I HAVE A DREAM!!
Developer
Aug 28, 2005
Netherlands
Ive done the smaller ones so far, i tried using just the TBitmap and its quicker but the placements output is carnage as each placement has its own file and when you have 70,000+ hum/weapon images :(

if youd like i could try help create a fast enough exporter just let me know