smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
been working on overhauling the refining system, i dont like the default, especially the need to actually check a weapon via an npc before it can be upgraded.

i did notice on artis chat (its a good source of bug reports i hope you dont mind chriz ^^) that a possible exploit was being used, cant see how and didnt look much into it i have just removed it, but you could refine a weapon, not check it and just go on using it.

I will be allowing the return of AFK mining but only on One map and its not a safe one.... StoragePlaceForOre is your destination.

1610722115249.png

you can find the only ore used for refining, BlackIronOre, aswell as a small chance for some of the ore used in professions.

the best place to find them will still be in the mining nodes throughout the dungeons but now the option of a semi afk mining while watching a film or something exists.

once you have your ore you will need to find and complete the mission the missing refiner in the CinderWoodRetreat, but for now ive left him in sabuk wall, he will be moving.

1610720994274.png

once you have the refining window you can start moving your bits into position

1610721026208.png

middle space is for the weapon the 3 surroundings are for accessories (necklace,bracelet,ring only)

the bottom is for your ore

1610721901875.png

once the refine has been completed you just need to swing it or cast a spell

1610721976882.png

1610721992470.png

EDIT: im also completely reworking the maths behind the refining success so its not available to anyone, except me

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
You're using Gale accessories does that have a chance to impart attack speed on the wep?

No safezone mining that despawns pets would be something.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
You're using Gale accessories does that have a chance to impart attack speed on the wep?

No safezone mining that despawns pets would be something.
i just threw in what i had on tbh...

i am very tempted to add in the possibility of adding asp[eed via refining, aswell as all the others, poison/burn/slow/...

ofcourse getting those to work will be rockinghorse dung but there could be a chance.

im just using the storage place for ore because its got a good name, its not the first map in the mines, takes abit of time to travel, tao/wiz pets can remain, i dont see the need to remove them or to have a special mining map

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Just my attempt to throw a spanner in the works if people couldn't hard afk via pets.

People can support a server via extra UC via a Tao mining box but if the refining system is very rewarding/accessories easy to get could have advantage through more than 1 box, but that is another debate.

Like the idea of slim chance to impart rare stats like poison/burn/slow/AS, will make for more fun.

Reactions: Sanjian

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
I remember on euro you could refine a wep as a wiz and then equip the wep and carry on using it as it didnt check the weapon until you actually hit something melee with it.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I remember on euro you could refine a wep as a wiz and then equip the wep and carry on using it as it didnt check the weapon until you actually hit something melee with it.

lol

Need some way of telling if it's in pre refine stat otherwise you could potentially sell a broken weapon to your enemies xD

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
the name has (*) before its name, like euro, to show it has been refined but not checked
1610726902223.png

and yes i added in that casting spells also does the refine check to avoid that exploit aswell :)
Post automatically merged:

added a bit of sparkle and also decided to use the stateimages instead of the bag image, the only downside is the missing areas where the hand goes, but i can live with that
1610726972026.png

decided to do a quick video just because :)

the information in the bottom left is my feedback on results and wont be available in the final version, also the recipie is simplefied purely for testing, there is alot of work still to be done on the maths for it.

i wont divulge any information about the success but it will revolve around alot of factors and some rng
this that will affect it

weapons level, weapons luck, amoun of refines already done on it, amount of ore used, purity of ore used, amount of accessories used, stats on the accessories... alot of variable in between.

also added a refined level to the weapons tooltip to display how many times the weapon has been refined

1610728631968.png

added some more protection for players against refined weapons

1610729219499.png 1610729229947.png

refined weapon not checked vs normal weapon

Last edited:

CountedZero

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 4, 2019
Yes , as a Wiz you could use a Refined weapon without proving it .BUT untill you actualy melee hit and enhanced weapon the stats were as BEFORE the refine.
Know because I made a * MC 1:6 Spear and thought was fragile . Sold it and the bugger worked !

Quote:
he name has (*) before its name, like euro, to show it has been refined but not checked

1610726902223.png

and yes i added in that casting spells also does the refine check to avoid that exploit aswell
Unquote:

Suggest it's not an exploit . with the (*) it should be obvious . [ AND some peeps LOVE a gamble ]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.