[CD3.55] Client Loader Crashes - Windows 7 Help!!!

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
Hey Guys/Girls,

Recently started playing a mir3 server and decided to transfer it onto my new pc however now when i click the shortcut to the client, my cursor turns into the circle indicating that it's loading, and the exe appears in the process list on task manager but after about 10secs the loading circle and process just dissappear and nothing happens/nothing loads.

Never had this problem before and my pc runs mir2 fine, tried running as admin, changing the priority, changing the affinities (trying to run from 1 specific cpu), tried running in compatability mode for every version of windows on my list and still nothing :(. Have rebooted multiple times, turned off all other programs, turned all antiviruses/windows firewall off and added to exceptions lists. Even lost my rag and held my finger on the enter button trying to load hundreds of the things hoping that just 1 would load but to all to no avail

Im at my wits end, does anyone have a solution/fix for this please

Thanks!
- Jay

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Using windows 7 i think I and everyone else have a problem when the launcher is open, it tends to crash other programs, and will defiantely crash when typing text on other program windows.

But from your explanation it sounds like the actual launcher is crashing which I haven't had any experience of.
Im afraid the only help i can offer is the usual windows 7 questions, are you running as admin etc etc

Relentless

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
Hull-England
Using windows 7 i think I and everyone else have a problem when the launcher is open, it tends to crash other programs, and will defiantely crash when typing text on other program windows.

But from your explanation it sounds like the actual launcher is crashing which I haven't had any experience of.
Im afraid the only help i can offer is the usual windows 7 questions, are you running as admin etc etc

certain launchers tend to crash with windows 7, try using another servers launcher and try it that way. i had to do it before.

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
tried using another servers launchers as you guys advised and its made no difference >< still nothing

any other suggestions guys?