Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
trying reinstalling or ask somone if theyve been getting same error

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
It happens when the server and your client are out of sync, was used as a cheap way to pick up speed cheats, the client would run faster than the server and give code 10k.

Looking at the code for it, theres a few possibilities, some more likely than others.

- You have tweaked your computer and/or it is generally fast, it runs the client faster than normal causing your client and the server to go out of sync

- Your computer can sometimes be too slow, not really very likely as mir is a very old game and doesn't take much to run.

- You are running some form of OS speeder, speeding up your operating system, some of these get around code 10k, some don't.

- Server is extremely laggy, doesn't look likely from your screenshot as nothing is going on.

TheNemesis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Newcastle Upon Tyne
To fix code 1000 error all you simply need to do is.. the following

1. Right Click My Computer
2. Go To Properties
3. Hardware Tab, Then Device Manager
4. Click The (+) Next To The Icon Labeled Computer
5. Now You Have Your Computer Settings Example (Multiprocessor Pc) Simply Right Click It And Update Driver.
6. It Will Now Ask How To Install Your Driver Simply Click Option 2. (No,Not This Time)
7. Then Next Click Option 2. Again (Install From A List Or Specific Location (Advanced)
8. Then You Will Get Another Box Giving You Option You Want (Dont Search. I Will Choose The Driver To Install) Click It. Makeing Sure Thats The Only Thing Ticked.

9.Then you will get a new box pop up, given you hardware to install you want (Advanced Configuration And Power Interface (ACPI) PC.
10. Once You Click It Then Press Next;- Then you should be asked, to restart your pc (Recomend restart it Or mite not work!!) then when your pc booted up onto windows, it will ask you for anouther restart, do it then you shouldnt recive Code 1000 Error Again!

this method 100% works as ive tested it, also i had this at one point where i could not hunt or do bugger all. now i done this its 100% fixed now i hunt mod observer. no problems at all

Last edited:

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN

2. Go To Properties
5. Now You Have Your Computer Settings Example (Multiprocessor Pc) Simply Right Click It And Update Driver.
6. It Will Now Ask How To Install Your Driver Simply Click Option 2. (No,Not This Time)
7. Then Next Click Option 2. Again (Install From A List Or Specific Location (Advanced)
8. Then You Will Get Another Box Giving You Option You Want (Dont Search. I Will Choose The Driver To Install) Click It. Makeing Sure Thats The Only Thing Ticked.

9.Then you will get a new box pop up, given you hardware to install you want (Advanced Configuration And Power Interface (ACPI) PC.
10. Once You Click It Then Press Next;- Then you should be asked, to restart your pc (Recomend restart it Or mite not work!!) then when your pc booted up onto windows, it will ask you for anouther restart, do it then you shouldnt recive Code 1000 Error Again!

this method 100% works as ive tested it, also i had this at one point where i could not hunt or do bugger all. now i done this its 100% fixed now i hunt mod observer. no problems at all

Keep in mind though, this method will disable any extra CPU cores on your computer, essentially make a quad core into a single core PC. Though this tweak works wonders for Mir2 on any PC.

Leetabix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 26, 2008

2. Go To Properties

Ive done this and it just stops at updating my driver saying it's up to date.. any other alternatives?