Coded some new mobs

smoochy boys on tour

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
[video=youtube;g_WONTrsNnA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_WONTrsNnA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

http://www.oldskoolgaming.net/forum/showthread.php?19007-New-Monsters&p=232526#post232526

Had another bash at coding again and managed to make 5 new mobs from the mon38.wil from korean, let me know what you think?

Kinda got a bit of a blank when thinkin about what to do with the fireshaman 2nd spell (summon mobs) and no idea how the offical does it.

I thought the spell looked a little like a summon circle, so thought about doing it a bit like ZT but different (spawnin diff mobs at diff HPs + more mobs the lower the HP) was a good option to go

If anyone knows what the offical mobs actually do... id love to see some info on them

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
Well technically you coded them well .
but the boss AI (if thats a boss) is kinda simple Hit+MagicHit+Spawn , you can do better ben =P

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
but the boss AI (if thats a boss) is kinda simple Hit+MagicHit+Spawn , you can do better ben =P

well i think its only meant to be a simple sub boss but wanted to try make it pretty interesting... cant do much when you've only got 2 magics to work with! I mean the spawning doesnt really need an image, could turn that image into something else... but couldnt think of any thing

I thought of maybe it droping a big 5x5 Firewall area on the floor or something?

Have you ever coded mobs with the magic glows before btw? how did u do them? (the fire effects on his staff when he walks/stands/attacks etc etc)

this is the main boss:

6.bmp

he has like 5 different spells and ****, heres a little summery ive put for myself, hes what im gonna try work on next with some different ideas

Summary:

This boss has a normal melee attack with a magic effect (like DD has his glowing claws for a normal attack).
It has 4x Special attacks (Different attacking images) which are:
-5x5 AOE around himself 2-3sec channeled Whirlwind attack
-Single target melee/Range attack that does extra damage to people within 5x5 of target
-Big 9x9 AOE nuke around himself
-Ranged 5x5 attack

i can do pretty much all of that besides the "channeled" whirlwind attack... ive no idea how im gonna make him do that really, i mean ive got a bit of an idea we'll see how i go

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

just finished the boss now, taken bloody all nite but i was prepared to finish it before i went to bed! (Woops gotta get up early as well -.-)

image hosting gif

only got a screenshot of it atm, will make a video if i have time 2moro... but the basics are:

-AOE attack for players at range 0-3 (its like a BA kind of range)
-AOE 9x9 attack for players at 3-13 range with chance to inflict TDB stun (silence / more damage)
-Every 20secs he will begin to cast a whirlwind attack, if players dont move they will take huge damage (up to 5 hits), if they move out of range (2+ distance) then the boss will stop casting and go back to normal hitting
-Every 40secs he will begin to cast his big lightning storm nuke attack, if players dont run away (turn around) from his power he will do x3 damage with the attack and paralysis you for 10secs, also inflicting red poison for 15secs (this obviously can be purified, but the damage is still gonna be like 90% of your HP)

So there you go, not a simple boss, a tactical 1!

Range will have to spread out to avoid the AOE attack
Melee will have to spread out to avoid the AOE attack (top left, top right, etc)
Melee will have to run away from the whirlwind attack if they are low HP
Everyone will have to face away / run away when he starts to cast his big nuke