Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathbringer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2005
Devon, UK
Hey lomcn, Im fairly new to the server creation scene so im sorry if you all find this post a little 'nooby' as such.

I started to make a server from scratch as you do, I followed guides and on the bits I got stuck on I searched on this forum which I must say was so much help

The server is setup correctly as far as I can see but as I said im not very knowledgeable on Mir3 servers yet

The issue im having is that when I put the server up everything is absolutely fine, I've successfully forwarded all the ports on my router but when I select my character, It stays on the 'Connecting to Server', I've searched the forums and what I can see it all points to something being wrong with the IP or names in the DB or .txt files, I did try to sort it out which kind of worked because before I got to the same screen and it used to say 'Your connection to the server failed, reconnect?' but that message has disappeared now.

Im not sure where I can go from here, any help would be appreciated

P.S. Sorry if this issue has been posted many times before, and sorry for the essay of a post :P

Thanks.

Deathbringer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2005
Devon, UK
I dont see myself in the run gate..

t9cht5.jpg

However the part i've highlighted on the SS above flickers from 0/0 to 1/1 when im trying to connect.

kap6hl.jpg

v5vdrp.jpg

34jajqp.jpg

And there is blatantly something wrong in that last SS

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

URmother

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 20, 2009
the biggest town in the world :D
hi were did you get em server files from and how did you set em up and dose eny1 no wich set of server files are vista frendly?

as most of the files i got are not and could some1 have a tut on sql n how yo get all the files etc in there as i dnt get tht bit lal :P

Upvote 0

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
hi were did you get em server files from and how did you set em up and dose eny1 no wich set of server files are vista frendly?

as most of the files i got are not and could some1 have a tut on sql n how yo get all the files etc in there as i dnt get tht bit lal :P

i suggest you dont hijack other peoples threads for your problems.

there are plenty of guides, use search, sting also does a ls guide to sql, ill dig the url out next time im posting.

Upvote 0

Omikkk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2006
Poland
check D:\Mud3\Setup\!servertable.txt, D:\Mud3\mir3server\HolleyDBSvr\!serverinfo.txt if there are correct ips and ports (7200)

is map path in holleydbsrv correct?

Upvote 0

Deathbringer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2005
Devon, UK
check D:\Mud3\Setup\!servertable.txt, D:\Mud3\mir3server\HolleyDBSvr\!serverinfo.txt if there are correct ips and ports (7200)

is map path in holleydbsrv correct?

The !servertable.txt and !serverinfo.txt are both set to the internal ip (192.168.x.x) as well as the ports being correct (7200).

The dbsrv path is set to the Envir folder seen as thats where the MapInfo.txt is.

But its still not working.

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Have you checked the server name in Hero3G, Account etc? That can stop the rungate letting you through. Particularly check rareitemsdata & castleinfo on Hero3G db.

Check serverinfo and selectgateips in Account db.

Upvote 0

Deathbringer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2005
Devon, UK
Have you checked the server name in Hero3G, Account etc? That can stop the rungate letting you through. Particularly check rareitemsdata & castleinfo on Hero3G db.

Check serverinfo and selectgateips in Account db.

I've checked the tables you suggested and there was alot to change but I still cant connect.

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Humm can't think of anything else, other than maybe teh database is messed up? what databases are you using? Checked all ip's are right? tried using other versions of those gates to see if you are connecting?

Upvote 0

Deathbringer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2005
Devon, UK
Humm can't think of anything else, other than maybe teh database is messed up? what databases are you using? Checked all ip's are right? tried using other versions of those gates to see if you are connecting?

Problem solved. All IPs were correct, But I think it was a database issue as you said because I restored a different database and it all works fine now.

Thankyou everyone for your help :)

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
no worries. does help to restore the databases when these problems arise, had the same problem myself last week and took me a week to figure out lol

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.