Corrupt Mir23

Join Discord

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
Hi guys,

Long story short, I'm trying to install Legends of Mir 2.3 and the exe is corrupt. I've tried re-dowloading it 3 times now and still the same error...

I'm running Vista x86.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

fanx

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
I'm now downloading the full OldSkool client... So hopefully that should be ok...

Is this a common error on Vista?

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I'm now downloading the full OldSkool client... So hopefully that should be ok...

Is this a common error on Vista?
ive noticed that all my anti virus's which ive downloaded has said that the EXE's are corrupt and with virus's

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
Yeah, it was working this morning now when I click Mir2.exe is says "Windows cannot access the specified device". Nothing has changed with my computer.

How gay.

Grinch

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 30, 2008
He want to say Norton 360 = Norton 2008 the best are...:tongue1:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Just to be sure, make sure your anti-virus allows the entire Mir folder that your trying to run from.

e.g. for AVG i had to allow

"C:/Program Files/Legend of Mir/2.3/InSaNe/"

P.S: lol @ "Norton 360 ftw" Nortin itself is a dam virus

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
i had the same problems when installaing the euro mir client last night, it kept askin for a temp file in disk 1 folder so i looked around on the net and apparently it was trying to clean up its temp files before it was even using them...

so what to do if its that error you were getting "insert disk 1 containing layout.bin" or w/e is get the complete file path of the installation program (e.g. C:\users\jim\downloads\mirsetup.exe) and then put it into Run (Start -> Run) and put speech marks around it and put -a -deleter like so:

"C:\users\jim\downloads\mirsetup.exe" -a -deleter