Crystal files help and apocalypse server?

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
hiya so iv had a read and iv stared it and i am stuck on this bit. where is the database tab sorry for the noob question.

thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    256 KB · Views: 10

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
hiya so iv had a read and iv stared it and i am stuck on this bit. where is the database tab sorry for the noob question.

thanks
figured it out lol
Post automatically merged:

hiya so i have done what it all says and i get this on the server?

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    306.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Go back and read Error 1.

Alternatively, just download the latest database which is listed at the bottom of that post.

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
thanks iv sorted that out now thanks for the help. i run the clinet and i get this could be out of date? it comes up with wrong verison please update?

thanks for all the help

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
thanks iv sorted that out now thanks for the help. i run the clinet and i get this could be out of date? it comes up with wrong verison please update?

thanks for all the help

When the server exe is open go to Config and turn off check version or correct the directory.

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
thanks mate it worked. i used the stable.release.2021.11.28.00.zip file is the source code (zip) better files and how do i add them into it sorry about this hope you dont mind

thanks

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
thanks mate it worked. i used the stable.release.2021.11.28.00.zip file is the source code (zip) better files and how do i add them into it sorry about this hope you dont mind

thanks

What do you mean ? Combing sources ?

The best thing to do is built off the latest build.

You need to take a look at the crystal tutorial/crystal help/crystal releases.

Alot of what you’re asking is stuff that’s already got tutorials and guides available if you actually go and look.
We love to help answer questions etc but we’re not asking a lot for you to just go and look if there’s tutorials already made. If not then I’m sure me or [mention]Far [/mention] would be more then happy to create a tutorial for you and everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
The source is pretty much identical to the latest release currently.

Reactions: Jev

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
What do you mean ? Combing sources ?

The best thing to do is built off the latest build.

You need to take a look at the crystal tutorial/crystal help/crystal releases.

Alot of what you’re asking is stuff that’s already got tutorials and guides available if you actually go and look.
We love to help answer questions etc but we’re not asking a lot for you to just go and look if there’s tutorials already made. If not then I’m sure me or [mention]Far [/mention] would be more then happy to create a tutorial for you and everyone else.

ok sorry mate i didnt mean to offend anyone i have been looking at the tutorial on there and it can be abit over whelming if your not sure what you are doing or what your looking at.

as i have it working now i will look into how i get the mobs items and spawning working at there is none

Thanks for the help you have given me tho

Sorry.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
ok sorry mate i didnt mean to offend anyone i have been looking at the tutorial on there and it can be abit over whelming if your not sure what you are doing or what your looking at.

as i have it working now i will look into how i get the mobs items and spawning working at there is none

Thanks for the help you have given me tho

Sorry.

The reason you have mobs spawning or mob drops are because you’ve not got a database. Above is a link to the updated database. There’s a guide to show you how to transfer it all across too

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
The reason you have mobs spawning or mob drops are because you’ve not got a database. Above is a link to the updated database. There’s a guide to show you how to transfer it all across too

is this the up to date database i cant seem to find it or rite thing sorry if im doing ya head in

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    238.7 KB · Views: 3

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
thank you

thanks for all the help but it dont make no sense to me its seems to be loads more complicated then the old days lol. i followed your link it says download server and client then click on server.exe but there is not on or im doing it completely wrong lol.

in the attach file i take it these are all different databases i dont understand how to put them into my server do i just drag and drop then as the link makes no sense to me

thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    143.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
just pick one of those folders, and copy everything inside to your server folder (recommend to just pick the folder called "Jev")

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
i just want to say thanks for all the help everyone has given me i do really apricate it

i have done everything now with new database and client it all works apart from the screen is black i can see mobs and ncp and my person but everything els is black? what could i of done wrong? wrong client? when i clicked on the client exe it did take about to an hour to update download

thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Jev

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
make sure the map you're on is also in the client map folder

mirking6969

LOMCN Member
Dec 30, 2021
make sure the map you're on is also in the client map folder

i looked in the client folder then on maps and i dont see any of them are there maybe i done something wrong?

thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    186.8 KB · Views: 6

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
All maps in your server also need to be in your client. The Jev database has many maps from different mir versions which aren't in the autopatch client, so you just need to copy them across