Curious

smoochy boys on tour

Chlorr

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 29, 2007
Seeing as theres been a fair bit about donations recently and the unbalance etc, why wouldnt an itemshop system be acceptable to be advertised, if it also allowed players to buy donation items via ingame gold? (yes this would only be viable with a proper economy). Wondering what others think of the idea? please look past the money grabbing server scam ideas if humanly possible and actualy discuss without flames (i know im asking for miracles with the last bit)

JoeAshton

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 4, 2006
tbh donations are fine as long as there not for rare items, overpowered ones
and levels. As long as they all go towards server cost then its fine

can c this bing closed tho soon as kaoir logs on

mapadale

The thing is, if you started doing donations for items VIA a shop system then you may find yourself in serious trouble with wemade. The reason for this, is they are taking the route of what mos MMO servers are doing and using a donation type service for items or ingame currency.

The other issue with it, is these are private servers and shouldn't be making any money at all.

Chlorr

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 29, 2007
The other issue with it, is these are private servers and shouldn't be making any money at all.

That i agree with entirely but it seems very unlikely that donations will die out somehow, as for the wemade part its not that large a step from whats already going on tbh.

2 none flaming responses im quite astounded

DarkDiablo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2007
I think donations to offset server costs are fine, as long as it only covers cost of server.

I think Zed's setup is a good one, other than I think he makes hand over fist with the character auctions and making fp so that you have to get a ton and either hunt for months or donate. But a VIP is ok IMO but not items.