Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
Ok, so, it's a pretty good game.

"The first online MMORPG Horror game"

Summary:

You can either play as a Vampire or a Slayer. They are of course, at war.

Slayers are usefull because you get a motorbike and guns.

Vampires are useful because you can transform into a bat or a wolf, and turn invisible to Slayers and monsters that are of a lower level then you.

Go through the game leveling to gain new skills, I don't know what the max level is, but the highest I've seen so far is level 117.

There are HUNDREDS of skills. Also, many sub levels you can reach to increase your INT, Defence, or attack.

Slayers and Vampires speak different languages (E.G, if a Vampire types something, it will appear to a Slayer as jurgen, "%$*£"$*" and visa-versa.

I have only really leveled a Vampire so far (Level 46). But I will be leveling more.

Controls take a bit of getting used to, however, they get easier in time.

This game is FREE.

Download it from http://www.darkeden.com/en/ and make your own judgement. ;)

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
i quite liked it, altho its hard lvling a slayer untill you get rapid shot for your gun once you got that your laughing.

forgot my pass on it anyway lol so i wont be playin it again anytime soon.

gfx crap? gfx dosnt make the game, the game play does that.

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
The GFX aren't amazing, the gameplay is even a little repetative at times, but aren't they all?

Level.... Level some more ..... PK a bit ...... Level some more......

I'd give it a try if you haven't already. It's definately worth checking out.

Yes, slayers are hard to level, also, you get those damn Vampires that are sitting there invisible waiting for you, paralyze you, and BANG, suck your blood. :P

I like it!

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
Ricky said:
The GFX aren't amazing, the gameplay is even a little repetative at times, but aren't they all?

Level.... Level some more ..... PK a bit ...... Level some more......

I'd give it a try if you haven't already. It's definately worth checking out.

Yes, slayers are hard to level, also, you get those damn Vampires that are sitting there invisible waiting for you, paralyze you, and BANG, suck your blood. :P

I like it!

thats what i loved about the game the constant threat your being watched.
true it got anoying at very early levels that you couldnt hunt in peiace but at the higher ones you sit there with your rifle waiting for any nooby vamps to try and jump you, and then you own his ass :D

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
I love going to the sewers as my Vamp, trying to find a party of low level Slayers. The second you come out of bat mode they do a runner, it's so funny.

And placing tunnels from inside Limbo Castle (Noob area) to really high leveling areas, watch the noob Vampires come through and get owned, lmao.

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
lol i played and got lvl 50 in like 3-4 days then got bored and dont play no more :S i was a vampire :P u can speak to slayers in the contest rooms and understand their langauge :S its quite fun attacking low lvl slayers when ur invisible :P accept when u hit u go un invisible :S

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
urbanfox said:
true, but i don't see anyone playing super mario for the nes as of late

maybe not a nes, but my snes is fully setup in my room which i quite enjoy playing.
ive got megadrive,snes,cg,gba roms on my pc as i find them quite fun.

very few games recently seem to go for the gameplay aspect witht he few exceptions of such games as mgs and halo

even the all mighty final fantasy has been lacking in gameplay since 8 was released.

deathrow

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 28, 2003
kirkby
i play this i got a level77vamp and the max level is 150 btw o ya slayer sux vamps r way stronger only thing that can stand up agenst a vamp is a level 100+blader with full curse res >.< lol